5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

FB Performance Transmissions Wiring Diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:27 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Default FB Performance Transmissions Wiring Diagram?

Hi, I recently blew my tranny in a 90 LX. The trans is a Freddy Brown 4STB with manual valve body, trans brake, roll control & electric OD. I had the tranny rebuilt by a friend and when I reinstalled the tranny the reverse didn't work. This tranny uses the trans brake button for reverse and the trans brake only activates when the shifter is in 1st so, I put the shifter in reverse then hit the button and it does not go into reverse. I'm thinking I have a power/voltage problem getting from the shifter to the trans, everything up top has the 12 volts and I'm going to have to lower the tranny to get to the wires to check to make sure current is reaching the tranny. Anyways, I don't have a wiring diagram and a google searched showed up nothing and FB web page doesn't have any diagrams posted so, I was hoping someone here may have the info I need. if not, I'll give FB a call. I want the wiring diagrams just for reference. I had the diagrams but, lost-em somewhere in the garage and this was a few years ago???
Old 06-26-2017, 02:06 AM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

You may want to just give them a call, I did find this, but its for the 4STB-E, not sure if it will help or not.
http://www.fbperformance.com/Technic...E-Transmission
Old 07-01-2017, 11:01 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

It turned out to be the manual valve body upper/lower gasket. Freddy Brown transmissions use a special gasket and the gasket I used was blocking reverse gear passage way. So, I called FB performance and they shipped me a new gasket. So, now we know......