5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

5 lug conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 07:02 PM
stankstang

Talking 5 lug conversion

I have a stock 83 gt and am looking to convert to 5 lug but not sure exactly what i need. i was checking out this conversion kit https://www.americanmuscle.com/5-lug...line-8793.html and from what i've read this kit will work if i change front spindles and calibers but id like more details. any one wanna shine some light on this for me?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:41 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stankstang
I have a stock 83 gt and am looking to convert to 5 lug but not sure exactly what i need. i was checking out this conversion kit https://www.americanmuscle.com/5-lug...line-8793.html and from what i've read this kit will work if i change front spindles and calibers but id like more details. any one wanna shine some light on this for me?
Frankly, if it were my car, I'd spend money updating it to a nice, EFI 5.0 HO with Mass Air and any other nice goodies desired.

My '93 Cobra came with 4-lugs, and they worked just fine! imp
Old 10-13-2017, 08:19 PM
Boss_Hotrod
5th Gear Member

Not sure on your front spindles. I know there is a 5-lug rotor out there that bolts onto the fox spindle but not sure what it is. When we did my brother's car he bought a set off a SN95 car with spindles and it worked. Had to reflare the brake lines to work but that was all. He also had MM control arms with SN95 ball joints already installed.

The Wilwood kit on my car uses the fox spindle but it has to be cut and modified.