5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

94 GT A/C vacuum line pictures..PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 12:43 PM
robpawn

Default 94 GT A/C vacuum line pictures..PLEASE!!!!

Ok guys 1994 mustang GT 5.0 5Spd, i know this question has been asked many times as ive seen it in the many google searches ive done but i cant seem to find anyone with exact pictures of there engine bay and where the vacuum lines really are. I have a few broken lines and have the a/c throught the top vent issue. OK....i know there is a "tree" on the drivers side and there is a port for a/c. its a thicker line and goes under the manifold and is plugged in. There is a small litttle plastic line that runs along the back of the firewall and it is boken on both sides. I see where it comes out by the heater hose so i know that end needs to go somewhere. and i have a couple others. I finally got it running sweet now with this south Florida heat i want to ix the a/c...so can someone PLEASE post some clear "this hose goes here"...."this hose goes there" for the a/c vacuum lines in the engine bay. thank you all very much for any help!
Old 08-20-2018, 05:19 PM
robpawn

Nobody has a picture of there engine bay of the tree for that tiny a/c plastic line is connected??? come on guys help please!
Old 08-20-2018, 06:10 PM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Here's a picture. Look closely at your vacuum tree and it'll tell you where the lines go.
B/B = brake booster
S/C = speed control (cruise)
A/C = HVAC controls
S = supply (intake manifold)

Note that the A/C vacuum line is too small to fit its branch on the tree directly. A rubber adapter is required to make the connection.
Attached Thumbnails 94 GT A/C vacuum line pictures..PLEASE!!!!-image3650.jpg  
Old 08-20-2018, 09:49 PM
wbrockstar
3rd Gear Member

The problem should be fixed after you replace the hoses in the engine bay,but if not,theres a silver vacuum motor located behind the heat/ac control panel that has a yellow vacuum hose attached to it.That hose comes loose sometimes and has to be reconnected.The radio/storage compartment will have to be removed to access it.

Last edited by wbrockstar; 08-20-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:43 AM
robpawn

Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro
Here's a picture. Look closely at your vacuum tree and it'll tell you where the lines go.
B/B = brake booster
S/C = speed control (cruise)
A/C = HVAC controls
S = supply (intake manifold)

Note that the A/C vacuum line is too small to fit its branch on the tree directly. A rubber adapter is required to make the connection.
not sure why but when i click on the link it wont allow me to see it says i dont have permission...maybe cause im new? andyways i do see the tree and where is says A/C but the tree has a big rubber hose attached to that spot and that goes to under the manifold....i know that cause when the lower manifold was replaced to a broken bolt a new hose was put on there. Where does that little tiny plastic hose attach? or am i just missing it and looking right at it. Really appreciate the help alot!!!
Old 08-21-2018, 08:44 AM
robpawn

Originally Posted by wbrockstar
The problem should be fixed after you replace the hoses in the engine bay,but if not,theres a silver vacuum motor located behind the heat/ac control panel that has a yellow vacuum hose attached to it.That hose comes loose sometimes and has to be reconnected.The radio/storage compartment will have to be removed to access it.

Thanks for that info...that was the first thing i made sure when i added a double din dvd player to the car that was connected. Its clear its that little black plastic brittle hose that is cracked in two bplaces...just dont know where the "ends" go
Old 08-21-2018, 10:57 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

The A/C branch on the vacuum tree is supposed to be connected to a vacuum line that goes straight into the firewall near the heater hoses. There is a union part-way that can be disconnected for servicing, but there aren't any tees or other components along that line. It's a straight shot. That's where that line goes.

Whatever you've got plugged into that A/C port now, doesn't belong there. That hose under the intake is probably supposed to go to the purge solenoid or PCV valve, not the tree.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:23 PM
robpawn

The A/C branch on the vacuum tree is supposed to be connected to a vacuum line that goes straight into the firewall near the heater hoses. There is a union part-way that can be disconnected for servicing, but there aren't any tees or other components along that line. It's a straight shot. That's where that line goes.

Whatever you've got plugged into that A/C port now, doesn't belong there. That hose under the intake is probably supposed to go to the purge solenoid or PCV valve, not the tree.

And that is why im asking for pictures of someones lines the proper way they are ran and hooked up to where. If yours is a 5.0 can you take a few and post them...thanks
Old 08-21-2018, 02:17 PM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Sorry, can't get a good shot of those lines without removing my upper intake. Maybe someone else took some pictures while they had theirs apart. I do have a diagram, though:
Attached Thumbnails 94 GT A/C vacuum line pictures..PLEASE!!!!-vacuum2.jpg  
Old 08-21-2018, 02:28 PM
robpawn

Sorry, can't get a good shot of those lines without removing my upper intake. Maybe someone else took some pictures while they had theirs apart. I do have a diagram, though:
Again, i still cant see when i click on the image you posted...said i dont have permission. Can you text it to me? 954-607-8012. Thanks alot!

Quick Reply: 94 GT A/C vacuum line pictures..PLEASE!!!!