5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

black interior swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 07:09 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Default RE: black interior swap

Hey what kinda windage tray is that one? I just bought one but its alot more heavy duty than the one you have.... its actually quite heavy... I just bought the Miloden one
Old 11-30-2005, 07:15 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

canton
Old 11-30-2005, 07:20 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

I read somewhere on a rebiult engine a windage tray can hurt the cam, not supplying it enough oil or something... Is this true? Do they have any flaws?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

it's all new parts even the block i purchased it from central coast mustang and if the proper break in procedure is followed than it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:50 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

OO OK. I thought you were saying that you were painting your interior w. everything still in the car.. I was like OOOOKKK good luck Im not looking to get headliner now. I wont be doing the headliner for a while because I have a sunroof that Im trying to find someone to take out and patch it up. And with the seatbelts, Im not using the stock ones. Im going to get 4 point harnesses. I seen the panels from 50resto. I was going to consider getting them but I thought the same thing and I dont like 50resto that much. It took them TWO MONTHS to get my my exhaust. I ordered MAC LT headers for an auto and they sent me a set for a 5spd., sent them back, they sent me new ones but than they didnt coat them, then they lost mine. It was HUGE hassle so I try to stay away from them even though they have a great selection.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:56 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

When I did my swap I cleaned it real well with simple green and degreaser. And used a fine black primer. Used about 5 coats on each part and used 2 coats of clear just to do it right. I havnt had a problem, just only on the door jams or skid plates. When I get in the car I somtimes scuff it with my shoe.

What took forever what taping aff the dash and windshield because I didnt want to take the whole consol out. The whole thing took me about 3 days.
Btw best results when it is warm out. And dont get a shiny finish it will look like crap. Just get a flat black and shine it up with some armorall or whatever your preference.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, Im swapping out my dash anyway so I will be painting it on the ground. I finally got heat hooked up in my garage so I can paint in there and it has an exhaust fan built into the wall so I dont choke myself to death. The SEM Landau Black is a great color. Its not shiny but it has a nice tone. Im not going to do any clear or anything w/ the kicker panel. I guess I'm just going to take it out, and repaint it when it gets messed up. Do you have any pics of your finished interior? I'm doing all black panels, black seats, black dash, grey headliner, grey carpet, and a 2 tone (black and grey) with the door panels. What do you think?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:07 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I basically want a black interior but just not too much black you know.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

I love the blacked out look (as you can see) My entire car is blacked out.

Got my seat uplostered black leather, carpet black, dash and consol black, doors are black, blacked out CD player, the only thing I wish if they made some better custom gauges in black, all if seen are white. Im still looking for some. haha too much black haha.

Btw when you are doing you black outed thing will you be doing the door and arm rests also? What about the seats?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:22 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Thats my next project as well, can you guys post some pics to show off all that hard work, I want to see some finsih products before I start.

Quick Reply: black interior swap