5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

BBK Fuel Regulator install tips..

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 06:43 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Default RE: BBK Fuel Regulator install tips..

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

ORIGINAL: schwindty

19's are good untill around 300 Hp give or take a few, which he should still be under, as soon as he breaks the 300 mark he will need to upgrade.
Correct Also, you should upgrade to 24's just to be on the safe side but make sure that you get your mass air hooked up first.

KL92GT- Why are you running 30lb injectors ???

Well the things is I think he is going to keep this setup until he can buy a Charger.....once he steps up to a charger he is going to have to go with bigger injectors ( bigger than 24) prolly around 36-42. Therefore being as he is still under the 19 hp limit why spend the money on the 24's? Save up and spend the money once on the 42's.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Yeah Im just waiting on my Harness so I can do it, Ima upgrade to 24s my next paycheck, with the 24 calibration tube.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:48 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

o Ok. I understand what your sayin... thanks Schwindty
Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Snake

Yeah Im just waiting on my Harness so I can do it, Ima upgrade to 24s my next paycheck, with the 24 calibration tube.
Dude I wouldnt buy the 24's, you will kick yourself in the *** like I am right now, Mine were used like 4 months and I am just pushing 300 at the wheels now and sence I am charging I am going to have to sell my 24's for next to nothing and foot out for some larger injectors before spring. As well you are going to have to get a MAF Meter calibrated for the injectors you will use when your charged, what it comes down to is you will be spending all the money 2 times both on Inj and MAF Meter........I would get the Pres Regulator hooked up with your SD increase the FP get the engine all tuned up with timing and such.... Really for what your runnig the Conversion is not needed as of yet.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Yeah I know where your coming from, but, I dont want to sacrifice perfomance and drivability just to save money.

Yes I am going to get a SuperCharger, but saving up for that kind of money will take be about 4-5 months and for the mean time I dont want to have my car running like ****.

Also I have all the things I need for my conversion Computer, Maf Meter, And harness coming in the mail shortly. So might as well get her done hehe.
The 24lbs injectors will be a nice upgrade and all thats needed to calibrate for them are the 24lbs Calibration tubes as far as I know. I know I can sell those injectors and Calibration tube for around $200 to either causin or friends that might want them.

Aight im outty gots to go to work.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:50 PM
hatingyou
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black Snake

Yeah I know where your coming from, but, I dont want to sacrifice perfomance and drivability just to save money.

Yes I am going to get a SuperCharger, but saving up for that kind of money will take be about 4-5 months and for the mean time I dont want to have my car running like ****.

Also I have all the things I need for my conversion Computer, Maf Meter, And harness coming in the mail shortly. So might as well get her done hehe.
The 24lbs injectors will be a nice upgrade and all thats needed to calibrate for them are the 24lbs Calibration tubes as far as I know. I know I can sell those injectors and Calibration tube for around $200 to either causin or friends that might want them.

Aight im outty gots to go to work.
Hey Snake, I have a calibration tube for 24lb injectors for a C&L MAF. I don't know if you already bought the tube or not so I was wondering if you wanted it. I bought it like a month ago when I got my new C&L MAF, but the MAF I got was the wrong size so I sent it back (bought it off ebay so I just got a refund, not a replacement MAF). I then had to buy a new MAF so I got a Pro-M MAF that is already calibrated for 24lb injectors.

Anyways, I now have a calibration tube that I have no use for. I was going to put it up on ebay, but I would sell it to you just for a shipping fee of about $5 or something. I just want to get rid of it at the moment, and I don't really car about recouping my losses (which was only about $30) since I got a brand spankin new Pro-M meter for $60 on ebay that was originally like $260. Anyways, just let me know.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:54 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

How much for it? Just 5 dollars shipping?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:20 AM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Cant beat that.. you better scoop that up before I do and put it right back on ebay for $20
Old 12-13-2005, 03:29 AM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

If you dont have the meter yet I have a 76 C&L MAF Meter for 24 lbers brand new as well, I used a 70mm Cobra instead.....Cheap as well, not sure if you have one yet.....haha I feel bad for ya! I am pissed at myself for watching all them vids with Chargers, there is always more God Damn parts to but its retarded!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:30 AM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

If you would wait a few month I would sell ya 24's and the MAF all together! Either the Cobra or the C&L

Quick Reply: BBK Fuel Regulator install tips..