5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

4.10 gears...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:50 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.10 gears...

ORIGINAL: vfast

my 3.55 in the wife's car pulls like crazy and all most everytime I pull a few cars on those with the 3.73 and 4.10 out of the hole...

thats like sayin " i weigh 105 and bench like twice that of the guys in gym that weigh 400" leverage is leverage...plain and simple.
make it hook, and it replaces cubic inches and hp by 2 fold

maybe cuz they suk at drivin.....here is my timeslip on a '88 100% bonestock notch on street tires w/ 2.73's

EDIT*********it's car #143 the other was an lt1

Old 12-16-2005, 10:11 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

ORIGINAL: devinsteen

ORIGINAL: nluvwithanimport

It is a five speed. Well, what about nitrous? How much more horsepower would that give me?

nothing wrong w/ 4.10's in a 5-speed. i do it. rpm's are about 200-300 more than w/ 3.73's.

expect to tach about 3k at 70 in 5th gear.

and expect to run 13.20-13.40 on the 4.10's and cheaters w/ nothing else.

That can't be right. 3K at 70 in 5th??? Can anyone else confirm that. Running low 13's with just 410's?? I'm not buying that for a second.
whats up w/ your sig?

you have an altitude corrected ET for san diego?

that is sea level brotha....you ran what you ran...don't kid yourself

Those times are not for SD you idiot. It was in Sacramento on a super hot day. I'm just trying to correct your bull**** info. There is no way you are going to run low 13's in a stock 5.0 with 410's and DR's.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:29 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

It is a five speed. Well, what about nitrous? How much more horsepower would that give me?

nothing wrong w/ 4.10's in a 5-speed. i do it. rpm's are about 200-300 more than w/ 3.73's.

That can't be right. 3K at 70 in 5th??? Can anyone else confirm that. Running low 13's with just 410's?? I'm not buying that for a second.
whats up w/ your sig?

Those times are not for SD you idiot. It was in Sacramento on a super hot day. I'm just trying to correct your bull**** info. There is no way you are going to run low 13's in a stock 5.0 with 410's and DR's.
hmmm..thats funny did you notice that run on a all stock notch w/ street tires and 2.73's was in bakersfield?

why on earth would you travel 10 hours to sac to run your car...sac is also sea level

so i guess i can correct that ET for altitude and it's a 13.80 run....on a bone stock 5.0 w/ 2.73's and street tires....'88 5.0 ????
and et streets aren't radials....unless they are clearly listed as radial. whos the dumb b!tch now????

i'm from cali you dumb mother f@ker you can't fool me

Old 12-16-2005, 10:44 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Wow......have you considered that I may have moved?! I know Sac. is sea level. Like I said, it was hot and humid when I ran. DA takes in account altitude and temp. So my DA time is what I would run in ideal conditions. Don't get your panties in a twist. Ok, I am suppose to be proud of you notch? Good job buddy.......were we even discussing your car
Old 12-16-2005, 10:49 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

whats up w/ your sig?

hmmm..thats funny did you notice that run on a all stock notch w/ street tires and 2.73's was in bakersfield?

why on earth would you travel 10 hours to sac to run your car...sac is also sea level

so i guess i can correct that ET for altitude and it's a 13.80 run....on a bone stock 5.0 w/ 2.73's and street tires....'88 5.0 ????
and et streets aren't radials....unless they are clearly listed as radial. whos the dumb b!tch now????

i'm from cali you dumb mother f@ker you can't fool me

Nice edit you douche. Do you even know how to calculate your DA? I'm guessing no. WHen did we talk about et streets??[&:] You said et drags.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:15 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Nice edit you douche. Do you even know how to calculate your DA? I'm guessing no. WHen did we talk about et streets??[&:] You said et drags.

no i don't try and kid myself to think my car is faster than it is. or convince myself that i'm not a crappy driver.

et streets were mentioned in my first post....aka cheaters.

et drags were mentioned about a buddies car.....learn to read.

btw a run in bakersfield in july is just like sac......same hot valley air. your not losing 40 hp anywhere

Old 12-17-2005, 01:11 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

you pull a .920 reaction on a .500 tree......please take some revive
Old 12-17-2005, 02:38 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

no i don't try and kid myself to think my car is faster than it is. or convince myself that i'm not a crappy driver.

et streets were mentioned in my first post....aka cheaters.

et drags were mentioned about a buddies car.....learn to read.

btw a run in bakersfield in july is just like sac......same hot valley air. your not losing 40 hp anywhere

LOL....I'm not kidding myself man. I know I ran a 14.2 I have no shame in that. BTW, I am a pretty good driver so suck my ***** You still don't get what DA is do you?? Well, I'm not explaining it again. I don't claim to have run in the 13's.
Ok, so now you're claiming low 13's with 410's and et streets??? hahahaha, ok bud you keep thinking that.
WTF, this thread isn't about MY times. I didn't claim anything about what my car could or couldn't do. So STFU! You're giving people the false hope that if they go get 410's and et streets on their stock 5.0 that they run low 13's. I'm sorry but that's just not right. Is it possible? Maybe, but 99% of 5.0's will not see those times with the mods you listed.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:10 PM
chord509
1st Gear Member

Girls, you're both pretty! Let's kiss and make up and keep it on topic, huh?
Old 12-17-2005, 06:00 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

LOL....I'm not kidding myself man. I know I ran a 14.2 I have no shame in that. BTW, I am a pretty good driver so suck my ***** You still don't get what DA is do you?? Well, I'm not explaining it again. I don't claim to have run in the 13's.
Ok, so now you're claiming low 13's with 410's and et streets??? hahahaha, ok bud you keep thinking that.
WTF, this thread isn't about MY times. I didn't claim anything about what my car could or couldn't do. So STFU! You're giving people the false hope that if they go get 410's and et streets on their stock 5.0 that they run low 13's. I'm sorry but that's just not right. Is it possible? Maybe, but 99% of 5.0's will not see those times with the mods you listed.
dude, this is getting old fast. air desnity at a high altitude is less than a low altitude, i told you that in the very beginning...i think you don't know what it is

first off.....yes you are claiming to have capably run 13.80's.....look at your sig
your corecting for an altitude that doesn't exist...whether you ran in san diego (via your sig where you live) or sacramento (where you say you live now) they are both sea level cities.

and you are showing an altitude corrected time like your capable of running 13.80's
it is you who is missing something my friend.

i never claimed i could run 13.80's all stock, i said 14.30's.......i was referencing your retarded sig claims....i said on et streets and 4.10's on a '89 5-speed all else stock it ran 13.20's

and yes...anyones foxbody w/ a 5-speed and 4.10's on cheater slicks can do this.....can they personally do it??? who knows.
but the car will be capable

but the question was are 4.10's the best. i offered my personal experience w/ timeslips...and you chimed in w/ your 2 cents saying it was impossible. make a post and take a poll.........no, most guys don't run that...and most guys run street tires too. doesn't mean they can't

and as far as my reaction times.....2 of the 3 times i posted had marginal RT's.....it doesn't mean every time i run it's not in .500-.600 range. i'm usually pretty good.

those are the 2 best ET's on that car w/ that combo thats why they were posted. if you are a .500 bald driver on every run post 'em up....your sure to get sponsored...but i see you have chose not to.
the 12.50 run i happened to be running the same big block camaro i ran just b4 that....and was watching him not the light.

BTW, if i said that was a 100 shot on the 12.50 i was mistaken...it was 75

he treed me and i still beat him.

but this is getting retarded now.....everything you said (whether in your sig or previous post)you are now going back on, and claiming that i said it.

i think you need to get a mustang and actually run it....then go from there.

Quick Reply: 4.10 gears...