5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Looking for about 400+ hp please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 12:04 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Looking for about 400+ hp please help

Hey DirtySanchez,

How is the Hellion Turbo system? I have the HP but I was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were between the two.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:13 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

You can run 400hp on the stock block, that shouldnt be a problem. I also agree w/ everyone else. I would do a 306 (new pistons, rods, cam, etc.), maybe port n polish the stock heads (if you have money I wouldnt think twice about some afr's though) and than just go turbo. If you went w/ a nice HP kit, 400hp would just be a start! Just ask FoxRod, Im sure he knows.... you lucky b!tch But I must say, if you do a H/C/I swap w/ a turbo than I would be skeptical about the block.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:25 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Lucky?!?!?!?!?! I worked my *** off and still working it off to afford this kit. Just playing 88gt. I have it all in my room right now. I haven't even got to enjoy it yet. But this weekend it should be going in and then YES I will love every F***ing minute of it. I can't wait to pull up to my first ricer and show them that Turbo's belong on Domestic cars where they were originated. PEACE. <PPPchshhhhhhhh> ha ha ha
Old 01-18-2006, 12:30 PM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FoxRod

Hey DirtySanchez,

How is the Hellion Turbo system? I have the HP but I was just wondering what other peoples thoughts were between the two.

I had just posted this in another thread, so I'm just going to copy and paste my response...here goes...

"I don't have any experience with the HP Kit, so I can't really comment too much on that. One of the reasons I stayed away from them, is that I've read some horror stories about it taking months and months for people to recieve their parts etc. Seems like once everyone gets the parts, they're a good quality kit.

I'm very satisfied with the Hellion Kit. Bought it at the NMRA World Finals in Bowling Green, and had the opportunity to meet and talk to John Urist. He's a really nice guy, and the customer with Hellion service is fantastic. I was also very happy with the numbers considering I'm still running the stock block, and stock heads. I'd recommend the kit to anyone in the market for one."

Oh yeah, and FoxRod, when you get than thing on there, running right and tuned...you're in for a treat.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:34 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Yeah I happen to be one of the Horror stories about it taking awhile. But I can't complain. They say it will take about 45 working days which is 2 and a half months. So I shouldn't be mad. The only prob I have with them is they are a little hard to contact sometimes. But as long as your persistent in calling your in the clear. I'm also running stock block and stock heads. Got some Gt-40's in the garge but waiting to have money to port and polish. Then I'll throw them on with a nice cam and enjoy the ride.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:08 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well, I would be happy to. We can all see the numbers that you are making and they are very impressive. And FoxRod, even if you busted you a$$ for it your STILL a lucky biatch! lol. I know what its like to work hard, truuuuuuust me. Im trying to build a 418W right now on a shatty salary working 2 jobs and another side job when possible. And I still cant even come close to affording some of the stuff! But its nice to see people work hard and not have it handed to them.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:11 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FoxRod
Yeah I happen to be one of the Horror stories about it taking awhile. But I can't complain. They say it will take about 45 working days which is 2 and a half months. So I shouldn't be mad. The only prob I have with them is they are a little hard to contact sometimes. But as long as your persistent in calling your in the clear. I'm also running stock block and stock heads. Got some Gt-40's in the garge but waiting to have money to port and polish. Then I'll throw them on with a nice cam and enjoy the ride.
Thats going to be sick! Make sure you post pics during/after install. I would be very interested in seeing them.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

How much did that kit run ya? I would love to go Turbo but I am cheap
Old 01-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

FoxRod, what are the current mods to your engine? Also, how big is the turbo in the HP stage 2 kit? I debated going with a slightly bigger turbo, but figured I'd play it by ear. It's going to be hard enough getting the power I have now to the ground. Once I have my new block laying around, I'm going to go ahead and put on some good heads (Probably Kaase's), a turbo friendly cam and up the boost to around 12-14psi. It'll be fun seeing how long the stock block can take 550+rwhp.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Dirty Sanchez
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: schwindty
I would love to go Turbo but I am cheap
Turbo and Cheap don't go together too well... I paid $4750 for my kit. There are going to be more expenses along the way also.

Quick Reply: Looking for about 400+ hp please help