5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

how hard is it to replace the oil pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:02 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: how hard is it to replace the oil pump

I was stupid and baught it straight from D&D. It was $350 and $40 shipping/handling. So $400 to my door. Ive seen other companies though that have the D&D kits for around $700. The kit includes D&D Tubular K member, Tubular A-Arms, and a front coil over kit. I believe that D&D also makes this kit. It looks great, great finish (powdercoated black) and great quality. I'm getting the a-arms and coil overs sometime this month.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:12 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Yeah that;s what I did. A guy on ebay sold me the full kit. Like in my sig. I would be weary of him though. He's a nice guy but gave bad advice (at the time I didn't know much about spring rates and spring length) and tried to give me some other companies springs. Then tried to swap them and gave me another companies springs. But I didn't care at that point. I got mine for $600 to the door for all the parts. Nice setup.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:14 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, I feel like an a$$hole now for buying just the K member. If D&D sells the full kit (which im pretty sure that they do) than Im just going to call them up and tell them that I ordered the K member but didnt know that they had a kit and if they could hook me up. I DO like going straight through the company though because if you ever have problems it really helps to have a direct contact with them.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:17 PM
4eyedfreak
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

I was stupid and baught it straight from D&D. It was $350 and $40 shipping/handling. So $400 to my door. Ive seen other companies though that have the D&D kits for around $700. The kit includes D&D Tubular K member, Tubular A-Arms, and a front coil over kit. I believe that D&D also makes this kit. It looks great, great finish (powdercoated black) and great quality. I'm getting the a-arms and coil overs sometime this month.
Which company has that kit, if you dont mind me asking? Thats next for me is front end
Old 01-25-2006, 02:18 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

D&D Motorsports. Their a pretty reputable company.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:20 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I would highly recommend D&D. I dont have personal experience with them yet (I will soon) but Ive heard great things about them and their customer service was great. I will look for the kits online. If you are a subcriber to 5.0 or MM&FF (which everyone on here should be) than just take a look through there and you should see a couple people who sell the kit. I believe that where I seen some. And Ive also seen a couple D&D kits (brand new) on Ebay.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:22 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

And like FoxRod said, dont take advice from anyone else. Call D&D, ask them what they would recommend (spring rate, certain k member, etc.) and than order it from someone else for cheaper and than if you have any more questions you can call D&D back up and ask them. Let them handle your questions, its their products so they will know best.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
4eyedfreak
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 88BlueGT

I would highly recommend D&D. I dont have personal experience with them yet (I will soon) but Ive heard great things about them and their customer service was great. I will look for the kits online. If you are a subcriber to 5.0 or MM&FF (which everyone on here should be) than just take a look through there and you should see a couple people who sell the kit. I believe that where I seen some. And Ive also seen a couple D&D kits (brand new) on Ebay.
Ah alright cool, thanks for your help..you to fox rod. But as far as those lakewood 70/30's should i go all around or just rear and get 50/50 for the front?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:26 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well, what kind of ride are you looking for ?? Do you care about ride quality ?? I would also talk to D&D about this too because if your running their coil overs its going to be different. FYI, you can get their k members w/ or w/o spring perches.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Well mine was brand new. The guy was a wholesaler for them. The reason I got from him was that he advertised that he had them in stock and he was from my hometown. So I bought it and contacted him to just come pick it up so I didn't have to pay shipping and he said he still had to have it shipped from Cali. (*******). Then he told me that I need 14" springs and that made my ride height higher than stock with the coilovers all the way down. Then I contacted D&D directly and that's how I found out that the springs were someone elses. (mine were silver in color and D&D only come in the ford blue color) So I had him get me springs with the right rating and length. (thanx to the guys at D&D) The D&D service guy answered all my questions perfectly. [sm=smiley20.gif][sm=smiley20.gif] Two thumbs up for D&D's customer service (even though I wasn't a direct customer)

Quick Reply: how hard is it to replace the oil pump