5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Turbo Kit almost done.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:20 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Default Turbo Kit almost done.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know that my Turbo kit is in the car. I will be doing the timing and fuel pressure tonight and putting the bumper back on then I will be running again. I do have a word of advice for anyone that wants to get the HP turbo kit..... Beware and make sure that you are not on a time constraint. It does NOT go in as easily as they swear it does. Also I got a good portion into the job just to realize that they didn't send me all the parts. Need my clutch cable to be longer. Was supposed to come in the kit and never came. Now I have it running all funky. Hopefully it will last until I get the right one. I took a few video clips but they didn't come out soo good and some pictures. I'll see what I can do to post them up when I'm done.

p.s. Apparently HP Performance constitutes a big a$$ 1/2" punch as a common tool. If you don't think that is big,...... try punching one into your oil pan and then have to tap it to see how big it really is. Anyway, The engine looks a little better now and I'll let you all see when I get the pics up.

Old 01-30-2006, 03:25 PM
ricepatrol
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo Kit almost done.

Ooo exciting~
Yeah get those pics and vids up, I'm horny for anything turbo related right now
I pretty much decided on giving the DIY twins a run

But yes, I can only imagine putting a larger than 1/2 hold in my oil pan :shudders: [:@]
Old 01-30-2006, 03:33 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Just got off the phone with the guy a HP and he must have known that they never sent it out and didn't even try to argue with me about the missing clutch cable. I feel bad because the guy Nathan is really cool and nice but still bro I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for the stuff and I get a little here and a little there and just when I think that I have everything I start just to have to stop and realize that I don't.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:36 PM
ricepatrol
3rd Gear Member

Yea it's tough, but when it's all over you'll be happy-
Old 01-30-2006, 03:39 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

If I don't blow my motor all to hell. I can't even enjoy it right away because I still need to get my MSD and put my clutch in. But then I will be romping on it to see what she could do. God I love my car.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:18 PM
ricepatrol
3rd Gear Member

Except you're supposed to break your clutch in remember? [:@]
Old 01-30-2006, 05:25 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Yea, dont forget about that Trust me, I think that you will be happy. I've seen many of their kits and from what I see... they pull reallllllllllllllllllllllllly hard! I hate you!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Tims 88GT
6th Gear Member

blue i hate him to j/k with ya man, thats great it is almost done, you will love it so much. i will get there one day but i want to get a good job so im off to school this year.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Well, after I get out of this HUGE project that I started for myself thats my next... 331 w/ HP stage II turbo kit.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Where are you located FoxRod? Becuase I just checked out their website the other day and now they do free installation and free dyno. If your close enough you should of just took it to them and had them do it.

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit almost done.