5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Tell me I didn't please...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 03:04 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Default Tell me I didn't please...

Ok 15 minutes ago I was in my car, put it in reverse, started backing up and accidentaly gave it a little too much gas (don't ask how I my foot got so heavy) and my car literally felt like I had driven over a set of stairs, very violent shaking. kicked the clutch in quick and sat there for a second and put it in first and drive away fine, I circled around the block to make sure nothing dropped off... Nothing street was clean and went on my way home. I wanted to get the car home before I tried putting it in reverse again in case something were to happen. Well got right in front of the garage put it in reverse it seemed to go in fine, but once I started letting the clutch out and it made not like grinding gears when your accelerating not that kind of grinding just basically like it's randomly catching gear know what I mean? Well Im thinking I blew out my gear but I was jjust asking people to see what they thought from my description.
Anyone know the most inexpensive place to get a TKO-600, if im going to have to change it I might as well make it better.

Thanks for anyones help.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:10 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Tell me I didn't please...

I have the same problem in my v6 but I don't get any grind or anything. I think the bumping is just wheel hop.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:13 AM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Yeah I could tell the whole car seemed to do a bunny hop (seemed). But does yours still back up?
Old 02-02-2006, 03:32 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Take it to a shop and have them diagnose it.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:58 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

I also thought of goin to a bone yard and just pulling one from there for the time being. Theres a place around here that I used to go to all the time for my Intrepid. So Im sure he'll swing me a deal on that and I know some guys that would put it in pretty cheap too. My friends family owns a performance shop but they won't ever cut me deals on stuff but I dunno I can ask them if they'll diagnose it.
Old 02-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

My friends family owns a performance shop but they won't ever cut me deals on stuff
Damn that must be a tease.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:00 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

It is, the only thing he has ever said that they would let me do for no charge was running the dyno, but I have to do it the same day he does his. It really sucks because i've been friends with him for 14 years now, but his girlfriend that he's had for less than a year gets **** done to her car all the time for nothing. I understand though it's a business you gotta do what you gotta do.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:44 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Thats rough man...just start begging him I know this is off topic but what year Intrepid do you have? I have a silver '00.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:57 PM
seight311
5th Gear Member

Still have a 94. That tranny problem they are notorious for happened to mine as well I would like to get that thing fixed, I loved driving it, really comfortable car.

But hey a free dyno tune is a free dyno tune.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:56 PM
Duffs302
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: seight311

Ok 15 minutes ago I was in my car, put it in reverse, started backing up and accidentaly gave it a little too much gas (don't ask how I my foot got so heavy) and my car literally felt like I had driven over a set of stairs, very violent shaking. kicked the clutch in quick and sat there for a second and put it in first and drive away fine, I circled around the block to make sure nothing dropped off... Nothing street was clean and went on my way home. I wanted to get the car home before I tried putting it in reverse again in case something were to happen. Well got right in front of the garage put it in reverse it seemed to go in fine, but once I started letting the clutch out and it made not like grinding gears when your accelerating not that kind of grinding just basically like it's randomly catching gear know what I mean? Well Im thinking I blew out my gear but I was jjust asking people to see what they thought from my description.
Anyone know the most inexpensive place to get a TKO-600, if im going to have to change it I might as well make it better.

Thanks for anyones help.
My friend tore up some gears when that happen. To me that what it sounds like, but you never know.

Quick Reply: Tell me I didn't please...