5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

install of z303 cam...need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 06:52 AM
wildcobrar
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: install of z303 cam...need help

I give you credit for openly apologizing on here. Just too unfortunate that many on here ended up offended and ticked off. Part of life I guess. But hey spudz, at least you stepped up. Hope you get the 5.0 straightened up. By the way if you think there is even a remote possibility that the valves hit, get them replaced. If they have the slightest bend in them now they could work back and forth at the point where the head of the valve meets the stem causing them to break like bending a wire back and forth. If they break, the 5.0 will take a beating internally.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Those who know do not tell. Those who tell do not know. I feel sorry for you Spudz.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:03 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

yea...me too. funny man!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:06 AM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

oh yea...why are you on a mustang forum trashing mustangs and being a chevy mna? you are in the wrong place to be doing that. no wonder yur catchin all da hell
Old 03-02-2006, 05:45 PM
spudz
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ikeybmg

oh yea...why are you on a mustang forum trashing mustangs and being a chevy mna? you are in the wrong place to be doing that. no wonder yur catchin all da hell
BECAUSE I HAVE LIKE 5 mustangs and I like them....... Nuff said... And for the rest of you, I can and will back up EVERYTHING I say here.... WILDCOBRAR... Your the biggest man here...thanks... I NEVER said I knew it all, if I did I wouldn't be here... I yes, have a touchy attitude, everyone here should know that by now... If I offended anyone here that was tryin to help, sorry, for the rest of the negative feedback boys.... There is a special place in hell for you...... Oh and WILDCOBRAR...I am sure it didn't bend the valves.. We just idled it when that cam was installed... To me a stock motor isn't worth fly cuttin the pistons just to stick a used $50 cam in since all we are after for now is sound.. Its already back together with a e-cam and LS1 valve springs running strong... The only thing I EVER asked from this post was, HAS ANYONE EVER HAD ANY EXPERIENCE with this cam in a stock long block. SOME people tryed to help... some didn't and it pissed me off... You all can think what u want of me... Say what u want to me...it don't matter, cause I ain't here to meet people and make friends, if that happens fine but...I am here for my love of cars...There is a wealth of info in alot of your minds... Some are willing to share... some have a mental filter blocking people like me out because I am not just a ford guy. I like chevys too, they are my first love... But like I said I love these little foxes and I think they are fun little cars... Chevy really has nothing to offer when it comes to a power to weight ratio like these little cars. They are cheap fun. I'm done with this post... nothing to see here...
Old 03-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Grimace5.0
I ♥ Acer

Ok picture this....EVERYBODY will know that the car is a stock long block with JUST a big cam... RIGHT??? people will see it run and react to the way it runs.. JUST LIKE YOU!!!!!!!! Then when we stick a real motor in it, people will still think its got a stock long block with a big cam, and in rolls the $.
Thats the dumbest fvcking thing I've read all week. Haha, you are a poser AND a wannabe hardcore street racer. You know, if you would have just replied with "thank you" at the end of page one, you wouldn't have gotten all the ****. But no, you have to be a little punk and run your suck. Well ok tuff guy, if/when I come to SC I'll be sure to let you know. Because, you know, your so much of a influence on my life. Do you really think that people on here give a **** about what you "know" what you "have" or have "access" to? I'm thinking pretty much all of them don't. Oh, and how could I forget your threats to "beat me up" hahaha, again running your suck without knowing what your talking about.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:02 PM
tuff5liter
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: spudz

Look here guys, I really appreciate the people here that actually tried to help me, I DIDN'T ASK for negative feedback.. I ain't no dummy, I just wanted to know if it was possible to run this cam without cutting the pistons... I got REAL race cars, and access to many more and one with 2,000hp... I ain't no idiot... Want pics? I am a chevy guy all the way.......I LIKE the little mustangs though... AND I JUST WANTED THIS THING TO idle crazy.. NO OTHER REASON THEN THAT.. You guys must not make any money off your cars, whats the point of having a fast car if you don't make any money on it. I know it was WAY to big of a cam. And if I was going to go though the trouble to cut the pistons, We'd stick a real motor in it and get rid of the little 302. And it didn't bend the valves, and even if I did, it wouldn't be an expensive deal... E7 heads are junk , you can get em for free around here... so no big deal really. We got this cam used and was told is was usable... We can get something together to run ANYBODY on here, and I mean that.... wanna try us??? say when and where and how much... mustang, camaros, whatever......

I need an alternator that can put out 1.21 JIGAWATTS for a Delorean.....AND longer pushrods too...
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 PM
ikeybmg
5th Gear Member

yea dude youre just mean and people are messin with you tryin to push yue buttons. and it worked...lol. stick ya Z cam up ya a@@ and see if you idle better cause yur idlin a little too high right now! gotta calm down and take the good with the bad. stary a dumb post and youll get dumb answers. good luck with that cam to a@@ install....