5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Pics of my Mustang-PAINT ALMOST DONE!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 04:45 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Pics of my Mustang-PAINT ALMOST DONE!

yeah i agree
Old 11-08-2006, 04:46 AM
psyche116
1st Gear Member

+1 It's a beauty [sm=loveeyes.gif]
Old 11-08-2006, 04:48 AM
86GT 93LX
5th Gear Member

we will see when he has it all back together and stops hitting things,lol
ORIGINAL: psyche116

+1 It's a beauty [sm=loveeyes.gif]
Old 11-08-2006, 06:04 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Lookin really good, i couldnt image payin that much, but they are doing an amazing job, you'll prolly never be able to tell its aftermarket paint cuz you wont be able to find any other colors. How long before its 100% finished ? I cant wait to see the finished produts, its gonna look amazing. I loved the way it looked before, nice stance, and sweet *** rims, its gonna be a real beauty.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:44 PM
cbennett
3rd Gear Member

damnit
now im going to be bumping into things all day
Old 11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
jaybquick
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nmerrill

oh, ok, i thought you were doing it yourself. I was like DAMN, 10000 just for supplies. But that sounds about right for that amount of work. The car looks awesome, i want some silver stripes on my red fox to match the cobras, i just want to spend money on mods instead of paint. Someday......
Nope, I have 2 jobs, so no time. Otherwise I would do it myself. Since I build my own motors trannys and rear ends. I didn't want to spend the money on paint either until I was running 10s. But since I only paid half I got a little push.

ORIGINAL: 351w8bang93stang

the hood is damn sexy, did u pull the motor and redo engine bay???
No, I was moving at the time so I just dumped it off so I wouldn't have to worry about keeping it and had no time to pull the motor. However they blended and painted into the bay. I will bring it back for the engine bay paint later. The shop said I won't be able to tell since he can mask along the fende line and along the rear hood seal area.

ORIGINAL: Ninety5five0

Lookin really good, i couldnt image payin that much, but they are doing an amazing job, you'll prolly never be able to tell its aftermarket paint cuz you wont be able to find any other colors. How long before its 100% finished ? I cant wait to see the finished produts, its gonna look amazing. I loved the way it looked before, nice stance, and sweet *** rims, its gonna be a real beauty.

Here is what they did.
They dissasembled it for all the body work and rolled all 4 fenders and even welded in reinforcements.
Then primed it. Then test fit everything. They took it apart, they painted it red. They put it back together again to lay the stripes. Then took it apart again for the clear. Then it is going back together for the last time. That is where they are at now. They even molded the Cobra bumper insert into the bumper instead of the usual stick on. Among other things they did. And I am getting all new glass.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:49 PM
mjcracing
2nd Gear Member

i am in the body shop world and 10k is a lot for a paint job...i have charged half of that for the same stuff...for 10k that thing better be slick as glass and no trash anywhere...and a lifetime warranty...i have to admit it does look good...love those pearl stripes...how much actual body damage did you have??
Old 11-08-2006, 03:46 PM
ModularFox
Banned

looks amazing, almost looks like my car after paint, my car used to be red with silver stripes.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:05 PM
jaybquick
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mjcracing

i am in the body shop world and 10k is a lot for a paint job...i have charged half of that for the same stuff...for 10k that thing better be slick as glass and no trash anywhere...and a lifetime warranty...i have to admit it does look good...love those pearl stripes...how much actual body damage did you have??

Where are you located. Everything out here in Cali tends to cost more. Also the hood needed a ton of work to get it smooth and straight, you know how some are. The quarter was dented some, the fenders were rolled and finished with some reinforcements. The cobra insert was molded in and the bumper was modified to fit cleaner. And some other dents. nothing major.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:15 PM
jays89gt
2nd Gear Member

what kind of spings you have on it that car looks nice and low??and paint looks great

Quick Reply: Pics of my Mustang-PAINT ALMOST DONE!