5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Cobra badges on a GT

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra badges on a GT

thats kinda f**ked up.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 PM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

im gonna steal anaudi 1.8Temblem now so everyone thinks i have a turbo [8D].
Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 PM
BlackLX
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT350
I guess on my GT350 I should change those decals, its not a 350 nor does it make 350HP. And now its a 347 motor so I need those emblems and it makes around 400hp, so I guess I now have to find GT400+ decals, what a pain thats going to be to find!
Uh, the 350 in GT350 had absolutely nothing to do with CI or HP.

ORIGINAL: philthy89fifty
guys who have real shelby cobras don't get mad when people buy those replicas because it drives the price of the real ones up.
Like stated above, they actually do get mad. My friend has a '65 289 Shelby Cobra and when he takes it to car shows all the Fobra owners will park their cars next to his. Just to be an *** he'll stand there all day so when people walk buy he can tell them that his is real and the others aren't.

Hell, since I have a '65 K code I even get mad when people put hipo air cleaners and hipo 289 emblems on their C/A code mustang.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:03 AM
GT350
1st Gear Member

Your right he is an ***!I'm not trying to be rude to you butPointing it out to people is so ****, if he gave me that attitude I wouldn't even glance at his '65, real or not.He must have more money than sense.Car shows are for fun and comraderie not for peolpe to be crass or boastful. And by the way I was'nt making a statement that thats what the numbers meant, but since we are on the subject, what do they stand for?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Dath
2nd Gear Member

If they don't like the other people in the car show, then don't go to those.Not rocket science. Your friend sounds like atwat,BlackLX. The only thing he is doing is making his confidence issues public knowledge. Yay for the psycho stalking the cobra clones...
Old 06-21-2007, 04:27 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PX429

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

I personally take offence to losers putting cobra badges on their GT's. I spent good money so I could say i have a Cobra...

Then some random person asks me... "Is that a real cobra, or just another fake!" GOD that pisses me off!
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!! Your going to eventually have to carry around your dealership window pricetagto prove it's real.

ORIGINAL: philthy89fifty

you should take it as a compliment that they think so highly of your cobra they would spend the 20 bucks to try to pass theirs off as one. anyone who knows a little about these cars can tell a real from a fake. guys who have real shelby cobras don't get mad when people buy those replicas because it drives the price of the real ones up.
You don't go to car shows much do you? People who have real Shelby's HATE parking next to fake plastic cobra's or classic mustangs with Shelby badges (it's disgraceful). Like I said, I understand and appreciate restomods and bodykits, Just please don't put fake badges on your car and try to play it off for something it's not!

ORIGINAL: Shelty

so wait... I'm an asshat ricer because I want to put the '86 saleen kit on my t-top after I convert it to a 5.0 and complete the supporting mods... (8.8, subframes, suspension etc...) now note, I'l be running 5.0 badges and not have a single emblem that reads "Saleen"
Read any of my post? If your have a 5.0 it's not rice to put a 5.0 badge on your car. Some body kits are cool, I actually love the Saleen body kit, and would love to see your mustangcomplete. Just don't pretend it's a real saleen by putting fake numbers on your bumper and putting on saleen badges. If it wasn't built by Saleen and you don't have production numbers on your bumper, then it's not a Saleen.

Oh and Dath, Did you read anything I wrote???????????????

P.S.

What's the topic about again?[8D]

I skimmed in and out[&:]lol. but yeah, I just love the body kit of the saleen, I plan on putting one one with '87-93 saleen wheels (black with a silver lip or black/silver lip bullits to compliment my planned red over black paintjob. but as I mentioned before, I wont have a saleen badge anywhere on the car, becuase it is still just an LX Mustang that wasnt even a 5.0 to begin with... I'm not even getting the 5.0 badges for the fenders until I get it running with the 5.0

tear down begins on saturday, get home from vacation on friday night.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:56 AM
luizGT91
2nd Gear Member

IMO, don´t LIE to yourself, i´m making a Cobra clone of my 91GT but no cobra emblems at all(i even got rid of the metal plate of my Cobra intake)just body kit andwheels and it will stay white so people who KNOW won´t ask me is it a real cobra??
Now you see cobra emblems on agt thats bad, i see SVT emblems on a lincoln and saleen bodykit and grafics on a tempo jajaj VIVA MEXICO!![:'(]