5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

cali crushes car if busted street racing!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 02:22 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Default RE: cali crushes car if busted street racing!!

ORIGINAL: Blckstng93

Fast & Furious didnt help any. Worst comedy of the year. I remember seeing a few cops pulling a few ricers over after that one let out that same night.
For your viewing pleasure.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:25 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

One more reason New York doesn't suck as bad as California.... they shoulddetach and sendSo Caland Long Island/NYC right out into the ocean...
Old 06-21-2007, 02:28 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Im totally with Sam on this one. I think this is going to cause more fleeing & eluding, and put the PUBLIC into unneccesary danger from young kids trying to get away, because they want to keep their car that they worked so hard to get/build.

And one of the things I read sounds like typical cop BS to me. The one kid whos VIN plate fell off (whatever), they SUSPECTED the car had stolen parts, so they just crushed it. Umm... I would think that they need to PROVE that its stolen, not just suspect. What horsesh!t. I know I'd be pretty pissed about that.

Aside from that, crushing those cars is just plain stupid. They should be stripped down and parted out (aside from the stolen parts). Thats 100% PURE profit for them. What a bunch of smacktards. The legislature in Cali are a bunch of idiots., was thinkin of movin there, not any more.
-P.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:38 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

Im totally with Sam on this one. I think this is going to cause more fleeing & eluding, and put the PUBLIC into unneccesary danger from young kids trying to get away, because they want to keep their car that they worked so hard to get/build.

And one of the things I read sounds like typical cop BS to me. The one kid whos VIN plate fell off (whatever), they SUSPECTED the car had stolen parts, so they just crushed it. Umm... I would think that they need to PROVE that its stolen, not just suspect. What horsesh!t. I know I'd be pretty pissed about that.

Aside from that, crushing those cars is just plain stupid. They should be stripped down and parted out (aside from the stolen parts). Thats 100% PURE profit for them. What a bunch of smacktards. The legislature in Cali are a bunch of idiots., was thinkin of movin there, not any more.
-P.
That right there is another issue alltogether. So they will crush your car if it has stolen parts in it? So let's say I have a supercharged, chromed out 351C that gets stolen. You put it in your car and get busted. So they're going to crush your car? What about my engine? Who is going to take it out? What do I have to prove is mine in the engine? Only so many parts can be positively identified. Do you crush teh rest or let me take them? Or are they just going to crush my engine along with the rest of the car?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:44 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

This all smells like BS![:'(]
Old 06-21-2007, 03:14 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

well im sure there are some legal exceptions and there is a due process, most of those kids cant afford a lawyer to make the right move anyway.

But its kinda bad to race on public roads, someone can just pull right out in front of you
Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 PM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

Go to michigan
Where if a ricer shows up at a cruise people yell at them
Happened last night
Old 06-21-2007, 04:56 PM
PX429
5th Gear Member

I'm about 15 minutes from where this happend. Those kids had crappy lawyers.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:00 PM
03supercobra
1st Gear Member

the only thing they should crushing are those
piece off **** rice buckets roaming around
Old 06-21-2007, 05:12 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samseed101

ORIGINAL: P Zero

-P.
That right there is another issue alltogether. So they will crush your car if it has stolen parts in it? So let's say I have a supercharged, chromed out 351C that gets stolen. You put it in your car and get busted. So they're going to crush your car? What about my engine? Who is going to take it out? What do I have to prove is mine in the engine? Only so many parts can be positively identified. Do you crush teh rest or let me take them? Or are they just going to crush my engine along with the rest of the car?
Just a minor miscommunication,
I mean everything but the stolen parts should be re-sold. The stolen parts should be returned to their rightful owners. Nothing about crushing. Crushing is stupid, it just creates more work for the guys that gotta sort out the metals so they can be melted down.
It would be easy to ID the rice bucket because they have the VIN stamped into damn near every part on the car.
-P.

Quick Reply: cali crushes car if busted street racing!!