5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

cali crushes car if busted street racing!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

Default cali crushes car if busted street racing!!

its been on the news lately. in riverside, an hour and a half north of san diego, if your cought street racing or if you car has stollen engine or tranny your car gets to be parked under a big car crusher... im now thinking why bother with my motor build.... im not a hard core street racer, but one time is all it takes. im moving to a different state.......any suggestions???

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070620/...hed_hot_rods_1
Old 06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Blckstng93
4th Gear Member

Default RE: cali crushes car if busted street racing!!

Yea, move. And make sure theres a track made for racing. Streetracing? They deserve to lose thier ride.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:15 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

i didnt know they could stack **** that high
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
blackbeautysn95

that sucks big time, just better watch yourself or become a hard core track racer.

missouri's a puss state when it comes to racing.... i got a c&i for 110+, no seat belt, racing another mustang. b.s. ticket but they let me go on my way and its just another day another dollar to them, 2 point ticket though for me. not as bad as seeing your own car being made into a pancake though... hopefully that never comes near MO. Pz and good luck to ya
Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

well i dont see any mustangs or muscle cars for that matter, in that pic. it just sucks living where there are so many douche bags.

come to think of it....... they are all imports!.......they are all "ricky racers" who have a civic. the world would be a better place with out riced out cars.

sometimes i think most of the people who drive a modded import have an ego problem because from what i have experienced they all have to prove something about their car.... it can whoop up on a v8..... ive never got taken.

dose arizona have a rice problem? ill move there......hahaha jk, too hot
Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

come to the southeast where people appreciate muscle cars. here in ga, there are a couple drag strips. there is one about an hour north of atlanta that a ton of people go to on friday night. i love going to watch old suped up novas and stuff.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:32 PM
rcdblink716
3rd Gear Member

Yep commerce drag strip is the ****. Too bad it's on the opposite side of atlanta from where I used to live.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

^^ dude, im thinking about it. in so. cali. there are soooooo many bull shiz laws and crazy people, politics and just down right crazy people, there is no way im living here forever.

i think it was written in the dmv hand book for cali. if you were cought without cats on your car it was UP TO but no nessesarily a 20,000 dollar fine. i have heard stoies of no cats being 110 fix it tikets tho.... but 20,000 is there " wiggle" room. its riddiculous to have that kind of obserd law.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:34 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I think that is a little extreme, such a waste. I think they should be doing something about it besides crushing the cars. To me that shows lack of control.

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

i didnt know they could stack **** that high
lmfao!
Old 06-21-2007, 01:39 PM
disturbed471985
4th Gear Member

Shouldnt have stolen parts on your car is all i can say. But as far as them crushing your car for dragging they cant do that(as long as ur stuff is notstolen) so buy from summit or jegs and then drag away.

Quick Reply: cali crushes car if busted street racing!!