5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Wife Afraid of Boost

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 PM
only90s
3rd Gear Member

Default Wife Afraid of Boost

Well my wife actually helped me build this car....she was mostly on body panel fitment duty and pinstripes...but she did help with the clutch quadrant and other things...and of course she donated lots of $$$ to the project...

She came with me to the dyno as well...

Took her for the first ride yesterday since being tuned and getting on it....she has been in it 3 or 4 times but I had been taking it real easy...

So I get on it in 3rd gear going about 40mph...shift at 6k into 4th and by the time I hit like 5k in 4th she says NO MORE.....I AM SCARED.....this is the same girl who rides on the back of my Harley....I just laughed and said....thanks for helping me build this!!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Wife Afraid of Boost

ORIGINAL: only90s

Well my wife actually helped me build this car....she was mostly on body panel fitment duty and pinstripes...but she did help with the clutch quadrant and other things...and of course she donated lots of $$$ to the project...

She came with me to the dyno as well...

Took her for the first ride yesterday since being tuned and getting on it....she has been in it 3 or 4 times but I had been taking it real easy...

So I get on it in 3rd gear going about 40mph...shift at 6k into 4th and by the time I hit like 5k in 4th she says NO MORE.....I AM SCARED.....this is the same girl who rides on the back of my Harley....I just laughed and said....thanks for helping me build this!!!!

where did you open it up at?

My wife like the stang unless i'm being a jackarse on a busy street, otherwise, I get sidewaze on deserted street or hit the speed limiter on wide open highways (we're talking Highway 8between Casa Grande and Yuma on a Sunday Morning) and she has a ball.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:13 PM
only90s
3rd Gear Member

We were on a connector road...one highway to another...2 lanes in each direction..divided by a cement barrier...no other cars around...she did not like the way the boost threw her back in the seat....more the feeling than the speed.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Ohhh..like a loss of control. Gotcha. it can be unnerving until you get used to it. I had a friend with a stock LS1 a number of years ago, he inherited some money and just took it to a shop to have them "upgrade" it. Among other things he had some cheater gas added to it for strip runs and used it a couple times on the street when I was riding with him...man that was some scary ****z when he used it[&:]

Never drove it (didn't want to be responsible if I blew his motor) but I can imagine it's no different when you're the drive, you're in control.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:22 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

hahahah thats great
Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Vader87
1st Gear Member

SWEET!!! Love that feeling! Love it even more when you have apassenger sitting next to you holding on fortheir life& you scare thes*** out of 'em. Pure adrenaline rush.Aint nothing like it!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:29 PM
only90s
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vader87

SWEET!!! Love that feeling! Love it even more when you have apassenger sitting next to you holding on fortheir life& you scare thes*** out of 'em. Pure adrenaline rush.Aint nothing like it!
+1

My old Notch had fingerprint indents in the dash from my buddies holding on...and that car was nothing compared to this one!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM
cbennett
3rd Gear Member

your car looks sharp in your avatar.. lets see a good picture of it
Old 07-02-2007, 05:45 PM
7upedition
5th Gear Member

well just like the harley... she got used to the vibrations, she'll get used to the seat slam
Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
ruger311
4th Gear Member

i love the pic of the puter screen with the car in the background looks like good numbers man!

Quick Reply: Wife Afraid of Boost