5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

more nitrous questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 02:40 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Default RE: more nitrous questions

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

There are a few things about that video. First, it's a modular motor. Those shortblocks are made of glass. Second, the stock fuel systems on those won't support more than a 100hp shot of NX (which is what it was). A 150shot would have been more than either could handle.
so what are the chances of that with our 5 liters? saying everything is hooked up correctly
Old 08-05-2007, 04:21 PM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

All depends. If you have a 5 speed and you miss a gear it will back fire. If the fuelsolenoid takes a **** it can cause it to puddleand back fire. If you are srpaying it out of the hole and take to long it can puddle and backfire. Most of the time you will not have a problem, but it happens a lot of the time when people miss a gear.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:47 PM
XSRACINGGT
3rd Gear Member

Never spray out of the hole. BAD idea. wait till 3000 RPMs, esp. on a wet shot. That way no puddling, no KABOOM! I had a backfire once. Was on the way to school one night, and had the bottle in the car, playin around. When I got out to go into class, I never shut the bottle, nor did I drain the line. When I got back in the car and started her up, she just barely turned over and BOOM! smoke went everywhere! Had oil all over the engine, and I was like ohhhhh Sh*t!!! I just fried my engine!!!! Well, it turned out that I blew some vacume lines off my upper intake during the explosion, and oil was pushed past my rings and made its way into the intake. I bent the butterfly on the TB completely backwards!!! No damage to the TFS intake tho, and I just replaced the Butterfly in the TB and it ran fine. I had a leaking nitrous solenoid and it apparantly didnt close all the way, letting the nitrous seep in. Other than that experience, I have no regrets from using N20. Just be smart and use it wisely is all I can say.