5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

95 gts ? or low option gt

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
conshyboy5

Default RE: 95 gts ? or low option gt

but if you look at interior trim #'s on site i linked above it says GT-2J black cloth, mine says 6J, took off rear spoiler and it looks like some body poorly drilled holes for rear spoiler is this how factory did it or were trunk lids punched by machine , trunk lid still has vin# sticker on it ?
Old 08-05-2007, 11:23 PM
thorco3

I have a GTS myself and feel that I have become pretty knowledgable about them... with that being said...

You do have a GTS. I can say this because of the 6J trim code. There were no GT's with black cloth interiors. Also, some other things to look for to confirm you have a GTS, your steering wheel probably isn't leather wrapped (v6 wheel versus GT). Your visor mirror shouldn't have lights. GTS's could be ordered with any number of options, thus the reason you have a spoiler.

My BZ (canary yellow) GTS had fogs and a spoiler from the dealer. It also has the black cloth (6J), v6 steering wheel, non-lighted visor mirrors, crank windows, manual locks, etc.

if you've got any other questions or anything let me know... here are a couple sights to check out too as far as codes, gts info, etc. (some of these might have already been posted, I pretty much skimmed the thread)

http://www.muscularmustangs.com/database2/1995.php

http://www.quannet.org/corey/gtsinfo.html (I'm sure this has already been posted) his info about the power seats is incorrect however

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/theflock/...rplate.html#ax pretty cool vin decoder
Old 08-05-2007, 11:30 PM
thorco3

ORIGINAL: 95vertGTS

Any reason my title says GTS but my car is a convertible and has every single option available for the mustang?
Every 95 mustang GT and GTS title has both listed. They both will read Mustang GT/GTS. Basically your only way of telling you have a GTS is for "everything to add up".

95vertGTS, your car is def not a GTS simply because it is a convertible. plain and simple there were no convertible GTS's made. again, options could be added in any number or combination so it is the smaller things such as cruise control, v6 wheel, cloth interior, non-power stuff to look for.

Also, I am not sure but I believe all GTS's had 3.08 gears. But that is one thing I am not sure on.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
95vertGTS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: thorco3

95vertGTS, your car is def not a GTS simply because it is a convertible. plain and simple there were no convertible GTS's made. again, options could be added in any number or combination so it is the smaller things such as cruise control, v6 wheel, cloth interior, non-power stuff to look for.
I figured. I lost all hope of it when I looked up what GTS meant.... which was AFTER I made my username[:@]
Old 08-06-2007, 03:15 PM
conshyboy5

thanks thorco3 and everyone else , soon as i saw 6J i kinda knew it was , i decided to replace body panels and drive car, it came with 2 doors, a pass fender and a pass quarter panel , i still need driver fender and i just gotcar off of phila. craigs list for $1250 ,a week ago for the drivetrain.other than the rodents chewing injector wire harness and some rotted vac lines,the interior is nice just needs a good cleaning . once again thanks everybody for your time .