5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

i think im gettin screwed...UPDATE!!! GO GO GO

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:45 PM
shibby_cbs
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: i think im gettin screwed...UPDATE!!! GO GO GO

yea now that i think about it he prolly did take it through the quarter on the dyno cause the message was it was put on the dyno and he got it up to a 14.01...so that prolly what he did...maybe its just me but im a little more calm in these situations...im not gonna blow up until i can talk to the guy face to face about this stuff cause theres nothin like lookin stupid showin up with cops and bein wrong...ill let you guys know the whole story tomorrow night after i pick it up...some of you guys just need to settle..lol
Old 08-10-2007, 10:56 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Man even though from the tid bits of info you've given all of us it may seem like the dude is screwing you and I'm sure there are alot of details you've left out for the sake of typing.......Not saying I agree with what the guy has told you ...I'd definately check out and have him verify what he has done/ told you to see how honest he is......so I wouldn't crucify the dude until you have proof...........I really don't know how many people can make assumptions without seeing the proof in the pudding.......And yeah I know mustangs don't have hydraulic clutches but who knows he may of picked up some jerry rigged set up on a whim.......I've seen a lot of fubared crap on mustangs that I wouldn't of believed until I saw it with my own eyes.....and asked what in the hell was someone thinkin' here?????? I'm sure this dude has a lot of time in your car and will lose his "ace" when it all boils down to it!!!! I just did a set up for someone and when it was all said and done I had 47.5 hrs in the whole set up andonly recouped 30 hrs charged at a reduced labor rate......so trust me ask the guy what he has invested time wise in your car vs what he charged???? gauranteed you'll be on the winning side of that one!!! don't get me wrong Idon't condone all of his methoods but if he's a good family friend then none of us on here will be able to make any assumptions but you in this situation. anyway good luck with it and get the proof!!! oh and the BBB is not going to jump on a shop like white on rice either like everyone makes it out to be.. the BBB is not the Godzilla it's made out to be... trust me I know how it works I've seen it in action with other shops!!!! first a complaint is filed then the shop upon recieving the complaint is required to respond usually a written rebuttle occurs so both sides to the story can be seen and often times when the BBB has all the facts the case is dismissed or dropped or the shop gets a strike on their record... Ajoke in my opinion!! aND YES EVERYONE IN EXTREME CASES then lawyers will enter if and only if the case is blatintly wrong from one perspective.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:39 AM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

just somethin that might help you out, but its always a good idea to write all ur q?'s down so you dont forget anything when you stop in there and talk to the guy face to face. it may sound kinda stupid or you may think you'll look like a tool whippin out a piece of paper but it helps to be prepared with things like this. once again, its just a suggestion
Old 08-11-2007, 07:26 AM
dman302
3rd Gear Member

My lord this story should be on "out and out lies to the customer" reality show. He tuned the car?? he did dyno 1/4 mile sessions??? my lord...sounds like he's looking to build the receipt incase you need to go after him legally. Hydralic clutch....my goodness...you are just being RUN AND RUN AND RUN around the outright lies and stories tree. I wouldn't even approach that shop withou another mechanic on hand to "discuss" is experience since you have so little. My guess is the person you brought with you would be screaming LIAR at the top of his lungs.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:50 PM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

I dont know. Why would you be so calm about being dicked around? When it comes to money there is no family or friends.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:38 PM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

I dont know.. I have followed this story from the beginning. I was sceptical at first but now I am going to have to wave my BS flag. Things just keep getting worse and worse and there are too many loose ends that dont have any factual evidence. I can only see a business owner that is a RETARD taking a car to the track that isn't his and I know for sure I wouldnt let a tard work on my car. Second, Dyno tunes cost money, and time, and typically the person getting the tune is there to see what all is being done. Also there is a lot more to a tune than throwing it on a dyno and adjusting fuel pressure and timing, there are certain aspects of the ECU that are changed and I dont see a trans tech being one of those kind of people.

All in all the repairs you got shouldnt have totalled over $2000.00and thats with top quality parts in it. So if your making all this up to get attention, you have succeeded with a 4 page topic. But now its time for you to lay out the "Real" story.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:51 PM
dman302
3rd Gear Member

Agree...looking back over it all there is no possible way a shop would attempt any of the above mentioned tactics IMO. No mechanic in his right mind would make the statements you are indicating he's made nor would they charge what you're indicating he's looking to charge. I'm afraid I have to raise the BS flag as well.
Old 08-11-2007, 10:07 PM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

Yea, I have offered several times to straighten this mechanic out, and I mean really straighten him out. I would hop in the car tomorrow morning with my nephew and go to this guys shop. Something just isnt right here. Hes to calm about being ripped off and hes WAY to calm about some Fuktard taking his car to the the track. Theres no way I would allow ANY of this $hit to go on without jumping this shop owners ***.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:53 AM
shibby_cbs
2nd Gear Member

WOW...i really dont know what to say eccept whatever...im not gonna waste my time trying to prove to you this is real...and onetrick why the hell would i want you to come down here...i have no clue who you are nor do i want to know who you are...what would it accomplish eccept maybe pissing the guy off...u gonna beat em up or something...real good idea man...im not the type of person to flip out in any situation because i know it does nothing from experience...it just makes things worse...let me handle it...i had some stuff to add to the status of the situation but im done with this after that...go fist yurself...and for those of you who gave actual sound and reasonable advise thank you
Old 08-12-2007, 03:37 AM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

Default RE: i think im gettin screwed...what do you think

damn with just the labor i could buy a 8.8 w/ 3.73 and and the intake i need [8D]