5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

an update on my situation

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default an update on my situation

I go back to school on monday, so the mustang is now going into hiatus for a little while, I do have some funding to pick up a few things for it, but most of the work will be put off until I come home from winter break... the summer came and went like that...

anyhoo, I'll be dropping the transmission to sort out the whole converter issue and the problems between the bellhousing area and the motor... while it is out, I will be giving it a full inspection/cleaning up as I dont know how many miles are on it. (title says 223K but the 3.8 I pulled was a reman. engine, so who really knows...) and while its out, I'll most likely be putting in a shift kit and a B&M aluminum tranny pan(for extra fluid/cooling) as well as possibly looking into an aftermarket converter, prolly a 2300 stall converter... and I also want a b&m shifter, but that may wait till summer...

all the while, the only things the engine needs now is (to the best of my memory...)

-Carb...Holley 600cfm electric choke... Know a place I can get one cheap possibly
-exhaust from h-pipe back, Summit brand
-accessory brackets... gonna try junkyards or March Performance, as I think 5.0 explorer brackets are different...
-wiring...prolly the most annoying part...

so, I'll still be here from time to time, but about 4 months of school ahead of me
Old 08-11-2007, 10:33 PM
raven_ghostwolf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: an update on my situation

Well good luck in school at least the Mustang will be faithful and wait for you! Hope you can get the converter/transmission issues worked out the whole mess hasn't sound right to me at all never heard of having to grind the studs to make one clear if it was put to gather right and the right parts.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

I'm thinking the converter may be too wide or long, cuz it was a 6cyl car beforehand... but I dunno, when I get some time to tear it apart and look at it, I'll figure it out....

all I can do in school is save up $$$ and order parts..... (working while at school)

+1, the stang is a patient girl.... lol, unlike every girl I have ever dated[:@]
Old 08-11-2007, 11:29 PM
onetrickpony
3rd Gear Member

You are a pretty cool kid and it is nice to have people on here like you. Please keep in touch with us and I hope the school year goes as fast as the summer for you. Hope to see you on here as often as we do now. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:46 AM
LCBlackDep183
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shelty

I'm thinking the converter may be too wide or long, cuz it was a 6cyl car beforehand... but I dunno, when I get some time to tear it apart and look at it, I'll figure it out....

all I can do in school is save up $$$ and order parts..... (working while at school)

+1, the stang is a patient girl.... lol, unlike every girl I have ever dated[:@]

Thats why I like cars, they're always faithful even when you **** up, they're versoin of a monthly visitor is maybe a oil change, and when you hit them they dont run to the police(JK)
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 AM
creekrat
3rd Gear Member

LOL!! ^^^ Yea, she won't be screwing some other guy while your away at school either! And she won't get all pissy if she finds out you've been driving another car!!!! LOL
Old 08-12-2007, 02:31 PM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

wtf are you guys talking about [&:]. if i hit my car she will die and not start up until she feels like it.. i think my stang has pms or something...
Old 08-13-2007, 12:03 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onetrickpony

You are a pretty cool kid and it is nice to have people on here like you. Please keep in touch with us and I hope the school year goes as fast as the summer for you. Hope to see you on here as often as we do now. Good luck.

thanks man, I appreciate the kind words I'll be on alot, I like this place, even if my laptop attempts to give me carpel tunnel... lol, I'll still be posting tech questions, as I do have my DD to get me home on some weekends, to get some work done on the car if I can get it running before the new year I'll be happy

I hope this year does go by fast... the new president for my frat is someone whom I didnt vote for/dont really like,so I'll be having some funheh.... at least my classes dont look too tough
Old 08-13-2007, 12:57 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 85GTsleeper

wtf are you guys talking about [&:]. if i hit my car she will die and not start up until she feels like it.. i think my stang has pms or something...
+1 a girlfriend told me the mustang could be in better shape, then my baby(5.0) started acting up [&:]

then another time instead of washing her I decided not to then she almost left me stranded on the highway [&:]
Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 PM
1985stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

ORIGINAL: 85GTsleeper

+1 a girlfriend told me the mustang could be in better shape, then my baby(5.0) started acting up [&:]

then another time instead of washing her I decided not to then she almost left me stranded on the highway [&:]
No, that's because you thought it would be a good idea to drive it with no air filter MORE HP!!!!!1!!

Quick Reply: an update on my situation