5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What's a fair asking price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:29 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What's a fair asking price?

sam I understand completely trust me, my 5.0 isn't my daily driver (not sure about yours) but I am undecided. Things go wrong and I won't have the time to fix them... I will be going to school full time and have night classes on top of a 7am - 3pm day.

I bought my 5.0 to work on and mess around with but when you are short on time it really isn't that fun. I have extra insurance costs etc. and thought I would be able to deal with that through college but I really don't see it happening.

I decided i'm just going to cancel my insurance and do the mods as I can and when I finish school she will be ready to rock and have fun.

-Jeff
Old 08-18-2007, 12:59 AM
kilgorq
2nd Gear Member

Put a good cover on it and get back to it when you have some spare time. I had one I worked on for about 4 hours a month and after 4 Years I Gave up and dumped it. I really regret it today.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

Get a storage unit. Park it for a while. I bet when spring rolls around and the weather gets better you sure will love having a killer vert to roll around in. Selling you will end up regretting. Don't make a decision in the middle of frustration.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:14 AM
getafewlives
4th Gear Member

If you sell it you should start knitting instead.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:26 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Ifyou plan on fixing it before you "sell" it, why sell it if it's fixed? Now if your looking to upgrade to a non-vert fox then i fully understand and completely agree. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

C'mon Adder [sm=bicker.gif]
Old 08-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Bullitt94
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texas5.0

Get a storage unit. Park it for a while. I bet when spring rolls around and the weather gets better you sure will love having a killer vert to roll around in. Selling you will end up regretting. Don't make a decision in the middle of frustration.
Amen...

There's nothing like that first ride of the year when spring rolls around.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:06 AM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bullitt94

ORIGINAL: Texas5.0

Amen...

There's nothing like that first ride of the year when spring rolls around.
Yeah, in theory. But I spent most of this spring / summer working on things on the car. And due to my lack of time it takes forever to get it installed. Liek the exhaust for example. It came in the mail just over 2 weeks ago. But I just now got around to installing it. Or at least attempting to, and now I learn that after wasting all that time, it doesn't even fit. And now i cant get the other midpipe back on due to teh stripped bolt. Which means taking off everything to get to my headers to fix that issue. Given my overall lack of time, I cant even BEGIN to think about doing any of that for at least 2 - 3 more weeks. And before you know it, it will be time to put it away again.

And then when that is done, who knows what's next. I just know that it's time to call it quits when what shoul;d be a 30 minute job takes weeks to complete because I can only afford to work on it a few minutes at a time.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Sounds like your just a little pissed at the car. I've been their many times, you just want to sell the car. But over time you will want it back. I know you have over 9k invested, you might as well keep it and work on it when you can and try not to over do it. Take some time off from it and start fresh.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:19 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

I understand your frustration, I started getting use to my cars power after a while and decided to park it for a week, then I drove it after driving sveral slower cars, now I realize why I love my 5.0. Finding time is a pita sometimes for me as well, I am getting married in two weeks and I have so much going on I can't get anything done.... But, I go for a fun drive and realize life is good.. Good luck on what ever you decide.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:39 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I am always complaining about the heat in middle ga. but i am glad i dont have to worry about storing the mustang in the winter or driving in snow. My favorite time of year to work on mine is fall and winter, to get out of the cold i pull into my shop. I really enjoy working on it outside but the downfall of mild to cool weather is when we get it at 6 pm its dark, but nothing a few good lights cant fix. Sam keep the car man.

Quick Reply: What's a fair asking price?