5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What's a fair asking price?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:49 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What's a fair asking price?

I agree with you fastblack, the summers are hot around here but it is nice to drive the car year round and to be able to work on it threw out the year when time permits.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:30 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

i like the storage idea. i also agree with guys who say it is hot in the summer. i won't even turn a wrench on july and august in mass. it is just to humid and to hot and isn't enjoyable at all. my car isn't a dd so i have that option of not driving it. althought i don't have a garage right now i am hopefully updating my house in the next year so i am trying to hold on strong until i get a garage. i think that is really what it all boils down to if you have a garage you have the ability to let a car sit there when you are busy and just wait to be worked on. work comes and goes for most of us as far as how busy you are. you may be busy now but in a year or even 6 months you might be home with nothing to do and regret not having the mustnag to work on then.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:36 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Hot and Humid in MASS, you get no sympathy from me. We have had10 days with 100+ temps except for one 97 degree day, throw in the humidity and the heat index is has been 108-112. Now i know it gets hot out west, but their hot is completely diff. Me and the wife go to Vegas at least twice a year and the dry heat is much better than this humid hell we live in.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:39 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

Hot and Humid in MASS, you get no sympathy from me. We have had10 days with 100+ temps except for one 97 degree day, throw in the humidity and the heat index is has been 108-112. Now i know it gets hot out west, but their hot is completely diff. Me and the wife go to Vegas at least twice a year and the dry heat is much better than this humid hell we live in.
+1 on that man. I still work on my car when I have to no matter how hot it is. Gotta due what I gotta do to make it happen. This summer, these last 10 days at least have been real hot for sure.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:44 PM
ModularFox
Banned

id keep it. go a while without driving it and you'll really appreciate it. plus you will never get out of it what you have into it. its a nice car, Id hang onto it..
Old 08-18-2007, 12:49 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

You must live across the street from me... Where are you? I'm an hour south of Houston praying that Dean takes out Mexico.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:55 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Ga has been hot and humid this summer, this is one of the worst summers I can remember. I know it gets hot in Texas to. I use to live there.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:21 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Texas5.0

You must live across the street from me... Where are you? I'm an hour south of Houston praying that Dean takes out Mexico.

From your screen name i assume you live in Texas, and you are reffering to Houston TX. I live in Houston Co. GA. Pronounced "HOWSTON" not "HUSTON". We pronounce if differently here. I did live in Pasadena at one time and also Wichita Falls.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:09 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

id say keep it. your car will be worth way more than 9000 being the last year of the 5.0 and all the mods you already have into it if you sell that will always be the car you "let go" i live in new york and those cars go for 7 or 8000 stock all day.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

I did mean Houston Texas. It's been frickin hot down here this summer. Today is a heat index of 102 and thats the lowest all week.

big ben is right... I payed 7500 for my car and it was stock.

Quick Reply: What's a fair asking price?