5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

How fast are STI's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 02:39 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

Default How fast are STI's?

I raced one and we where neck to neck... the first run i spun through 1st and 2nd and he got me by 1 car and a half... second run i took off at idle and kept up with him the entire why bumper to bumper then i started to pull lightly then i braked..... does anyone know how fast are these cars Go in the 1/4?... also this is the first time i have raced with the gears and i got no grip... if i where to get some upper and lower control arms how much of a improvement would i see? thanks
Old 08-24-2007, 03:44 PM
1985stang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How fast are STI's?

You would see an improvement with new u/l control arms. Congratsfor staying with the sti, but drag racing isn't what they're designed to do.

Edit: Are you sure it was an sti, and not just a regular wrx. There is a difference.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:00 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gearbanger

I raced one and we where neck to neck... the first run i spun through 1st and 2nd and he got me by 1 car and a half... second run i took off at idle and kept up with him the entire why bumper to bumper then i started to pull lightly then i braked..... does anyone know how fast are these cars Go in the 1/4?... also this is the first time i have raced with the gears and i got no grip... if i where to get some upper and lower control arms how much of a improvement would i see? thanks
I hope you broke those gears in lightly for a at least a few hundred miles before mashing the peddle.

To answer your question it depends which year you raced, the older model with the box style headlights were 13.6-13.8 depending on which magazines. The latest models are down to 13.2-13.3 I believe with the with asian eye headlights

-Jeff
Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

stock 06 and up are 13 flat....most drivers would hit13.5-13.7 and a good driver would hit 13.2- 13.3

older than 06 they are 13.8 most driver 14.5 and good drivers maybe 14.00
Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1985stang

You would see an improvement with new u/l control arms. Congratsfor staying with the sti, but drag racing isn't what they're designed to do.

Edit: Are you sure it was an sti, and not just a regular wrx. There is a difference.
it was a STI it had that over sized wing in the back and the STI badges and what not he told me it was a sti..
Old 08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

it was a STI it had that over sized wing in the back and the STI badges and what not he told me it was a sti..
and you believed him!?!??!?!? you should know rice = false badging, big rediculous body parts, lies lies and more lies.

did you even hear a pshhhhewwww when you were racing him?
Old 08-24-2007, 04:13 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

he could have also turned the boost up, I beat one last year with stock heads with bolt ons and suspension mods
Old 08-24-2007, 04:15 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I hope you broke those gears in lightly for a at least a few hundred miles before mashing the peddle.

To answer your question it depends which year you raced, the older model with the box style headlights were 13.6-13.8 depending on which magazines. The latest models are down to 13.2-13.3 I believe with the with asian eye headlights

-Jeff
the one i raced had the box style heads lights... he said he was stock just exhaust and k&n air filter.. he had little things like after market carbon fiber hood and front bumper....
Old 08-24-2007, 04:16 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

and you believed him!?!??!?!? you should know rice = false badging, big rediculous body parts, lies lies and more lies.

did you even hear a pshhhhewwww when you were racing him?
yea the guy did have a turbo....
Old 08-24-2007, 04:20 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

fast enough

Quick Reply: How fast are STI's?