5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Blue Oval Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 PM
BlackBetty93GT
3rd Gear Member

Default Blue Oval Throttle Body

What do yall think about the throttle bodies being sold by blue oval industries

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-93...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-30-2007, 11:57 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Blue Oval Throttle Body

isnt 65mm the stock TB size?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:02 AM
BlackBetty93GT
3rd Gear Member

no i think it is like 55 or 60

and 70 would be to big for me on a pretty much stock car

I dont know if i really want to buy one right now, i was just looking to see if anyone had one pretty cheap
Old 08-31-2007, 12:02 AM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

The Professional Products Power throttle bodies are supposed to be pretty good.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:26 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Their not bad for the money
Old 08-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

I bought a 65mm Professional Products throttle body. I ditched it a week later. The Professional Products throttle body is made in China and is a knock-off of the Edelbrock throttle body in design. It's not bad quality for the price but I had three issues with mine.

1) The damn thing whistled/chirped on application of throttle. This drove me absolutely insane.This is the same reason I ditched my 70mm BBK/Edelbrock throttle body.[:@]

2) The adjustable TPS sensor gizmo is a piece of s**t. The washers under the screw heads don't fit right and you have to back the screws almost all the way out to adjust the damn thing.[:@]

3) The EGR spacer I bought with the throttle body looked like it had been sand-blasted by a 6 year old. It was supposed to have the "satin" finish, but the finish didn't match the finish of the throttle body itself. I sent it back to the supplier and never even mounted it on the car. In addition apparently when the the spacer was cast, flash was left in the EGR passages. Well, Mr. Wunhunglo in China apparently beat it out with a hammer and scarred the internal coolant passages with a punch. You get what you pay for....[:@]

Sooo...I ditched the PP throttle body and bought a used "old-style" Ford Motorsport throttle body (I say old stylebecause I believe the new FMS throttle bodies are made in China by the same company that makes PP's throttle bodies) off of Ebay and purchased a new Edelbrock 65mm EGR spacer. No probs!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:13 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

nothing wrong with pro products. dont expect the best...just look at the price. but its fine. I use them. not one problem with any of the listed above, Mr. Wunhunglo must have had a good day.

or they were installed correctly.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:16 AM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hicompression

I bought a 65mm Professional Products throttle body. I ditched it a week later. The Professional Products throttle body is made in China and is a knock-off of the Edelbrock throttle body in design. It's not bad quality for the price but I had three issues with mine.

1) The damn thing whistled/chirped on application of throttle. This drove me absolutely insane.This is the same reason I ditched my 70mm BBK/Edelbrock throttle body.[:@]

2) The adjustable TPS sensor gizmo is a piece of s**t. The washers under the screw heads don't fit right and you have to back the screws almost all the way out to adjust the damn thing.[:@]

3) The EGR spacer I bought with the throttle body looked like it had been sand-blasted by a 6 year old. It was supposed to have the "satin" finish, but the finish didn't match the finish of the throttle body itself. I sent it back to the supplier and never even mounted it on the car. In addition apparently when the the spacer was cast, flash was left in the EGR passages. Well, Mr. Wunhunglo in China apparently beat it out with a hammer and scarred the internal coolant passages with a punch. You get what you pay for....[:@]

Sooo...I ditched the PP throttle body and bought a used "old-style" Ford Motorsport throttle body (I say old stylebecause I believe the new FMS throttle bodies are made in China by the same company that makes PP's throttle bodies) off of Ebay and purchased a new Edelbrock 65mm EGR spacer. No probs!
sounds like you bought somebody's used one. thats the only brand tb i have ever used. ive never had any whistle andthe adjustment of the tps sensor is very easy and i didnt have to back the screws out all the way. everything bolted up like stock

hicompression, why would you want a sand blasted tb??

and last time i checked, pro products is a california company.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

he also said he ditched his eddy/bbk TB for the whistle noise, i just dont think he could install it correctly. zero problems here with pro products
Old 08-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Hicompression
2nd Gear Member

You guys are a bunch of morons. I didn't install the Edelbrock, it was on there when I bought the car and yes it was installed correctly. In addition how do you install a throttle body wrong? Its not as if you can install one backwards, upside down, etc.

I purchased the throttle body and spacer new from 5.0 Resto.

Edelbrock, BBK and PP are known to whistle. It has to due with the design and the sharp edge of the IAC holes near the butterfly. Some people take a dremel and grind the sharp edge down but I don't feel I should have to do this with a brand new throttle body.

Professional Products corporate offices are based out of Long Beach, CA, but their manufacturing facilitiesare in China.

Quick Reply: Blue Oval Throttle Body