5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Nos fogger kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Nos fogger kit

I'd go 150 but this is my first go around with NOS with this motor...I mean it was built for it The bore was done slightly over size with nitrous in mind and I file fit the rings arrording to spec with nitrous in mind....the pistons came with a sheet that said if nitrous was to be used bore block to this spec and gap rings to such and such spec... so i'm gonna start conservatively besides I got no cage so to much juice and I'll get one pass below 11.50 and then they'll tell me to slow it down!!!!.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:06 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

How much room do you have between the hood and the air cleaner. The spray bars are only about 1/2 thick. That would probably be the only way to go. Direct port would be a little over kill.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

not much I was going to crawl under the car tommorrow and look but I don't think I have a 1/2 inch I saw that on the website .. I'm probably going to end up using the plate kits and I have been looking at hood scoops that bolt on to the hood... nothing radical as looks on this car matter...sort of like a raised portion with an opening in the front if I have to have a hole cut in the hood I'll have a body shop professionally do it all and painting the hood scoop black won't make it look too odd
Old 09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZachW04Stang

How much room do you have between the hood and the air cleaner. The spray bars are only about 1/2 thick. That would probably be the only way to go. Direct port would be a little over kill.
mjr i dunno wut ur car looks like at all, but from the sounds of it it looks ver nice inside and out... if thats the case, i would not cut ur hood like ur thinking... i would really not do that.

heres what i would do in ur situation- just as u wanted to, id go direct port, is it over kill like zach is saying? for the shot u want... yea a little.... but... it doesnt have any downsides... its not gonna hurt you, if anything itll help and be a little better then a plate kit.

i think another option of yours would be to find a smaller air filter.. wait... ****... u have the dual snorkle thing... scratch that idea... um....

personally, id go direct port, especially since the intake is already half set up for it

and if ur motors built for spray... go bigger then 150
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...Mustang004.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...Mustang003.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...Mustang002.jpg

here are pics dimebag
Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...stang002-1.jpg
http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/f...tang1004-1.jpg
Old 09-10-2007, 11:33 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

hey i hear ya about the wet thing..... f uck a dry kit

um... if i were you id prolly piece something together but thats gonna be a little expensive... start w. an efi kit or whatever... and then buy 8 nozzles... and then get jets acordingly... if that kit u mentioned 1st is a set up w. 8 nozzles etc... then just do what u can to figure out the jet size...im sure u can compare a 175 shot.... the jets for the kit u want... and jets for a single nozzle... im gonna go ahead and say that one of the jets for a single nozzle divided by 8 would be one jet for the port set up... if that works(verify it w. the 175 shot) then find out jetting for a 100 or 150(GO 150!!!) and divide by 8 and order acordingly...

go to nos's website and in the instructions for the kits(ur kit and an efi single nozzle kit) it will give you jet sizes... use those to compare... when u get the answer... go to summit... and they have a million diff jet sizes for sale individually and in sets of 8
Be sure to wear a full fire suit, close the visor on your helmet and shoot video. I've got to see this.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:37 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Why not just get one of these?

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...428.9434.0.0.0
Old 09-10-2007, 11:42 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Finally the uploads worked of the pics of the motor............anyway I would get that kit fullauto but I don't want to spray any more then a 150 shot and I want to start small and work my way up in stages from 100 to 125 then to 150....fireworks are sweeeeeeeet too!!!!!LOL LOL
Old 09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

ORIGINAL: dimebag

hey i hear ya about the wet thing..... f uck a dry kit

um... if i were you id prolly piece something together but thats gonna be a little expensive... start w. an efi kit or whatever... and then buy 8 nozzles... and then get jets acordingly... if that kit u mentioned 1st is a set up w. 8 nozzles etc... then just do what u can to figure out the jet size...im sure u can compare a 175 shot.... the jets for the kit u want... and jets for a single nozzle... im gonna go ahead and say that one of the jets for a single nozzle divided by 8 would be one jet for the port set up... if that works(verify it w. the 175 shot) then find out jetting for a 100 or 150(GO 150!!!) and divide by 8 and order acordingly...

go to nos's website and in the instructions for the kits(ur kit and an efi single nozzle kit) it will give you jet sizes... use those to compare... when u get the answer... go to summit... and they have a million diff jet sizes for sale individually and in sets of 8
Be sure to wear a full fire suit, close the visor on your helmet and shoot video. I've got to see this.
lol u no how i roll, piecin **** together and all...

mjr... i saw the pics... looks damn clean... dude DO NOT cut up the hood... keep the stock hood like it is... im sure u can find a way around ur problem... talk to fullauto... he can help u figure out how to make it a smaller shot exactly.... i though i had the idea right... but uh.. hes laughin lol.... so yea... talk to him lol

Quick Reply: Nos fogger kit