5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Nos fogger kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:49 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default Nos fogger kit

So I'm looking at getting a NOS Fogger kit Nos-05088 due to hood clearence issues I'm using this kit but don't want to spray anymore than a 100 or 125 shot possible 150 in the future...however this kit only comes with 175 and 250 jetting...I've looked for the last 2 hrs for jet kits to lower the rating to what I want as listed above... any ideas where to get the jets I need summit or holley didn't list what I need
Old 09-09-2007, 11:14 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Nos fogger kit

u mean their plate kit? i was gonna get something like that... aperantly not rly worth it... just spray thru the intake tube... im running 100 shot thru the intake tube, and will be doing the same w. a 150 in the near future

also... **** NOS... go NX
Old 09-09-2007, 11:16 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

that'd be nice except for the fact I'm carbe'd It's on an 85 gt mustang
Old 09-09-2007, 11:19 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

ooooo my bad

nos has a 125 powershot set up...its a carb deal

i acutally have that carb plate sittin in my room...
Old 09-09-2007, 11:36 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Yeah I know all about the carb plate set ups...here's the deal.....I had a custom paint job done out west a few years ago when I lived in Utah and now I can't get it matched the fool who painted it at the time wouldn't give me the code cause the mix was near and dear to his stupid ***!! f him now!!! so I have to work with stock hood clearence and I was going to use the sportsman fogger cause I have an rpm air gap with bosses for fogger nossles and It wouldn't change carb height to affect hood clearence... i'm trying to order everything tommorrow so I CAN START THIS WEEKEND TO PUT ALL MY MODDS ON BEFORE THE NVMC DRAG DAYS........I'll be damned if this freakin' car don't hit 11.50's that's the goal the motor it's self should be low 12's high 11's so I don't need much juice to punch me down far into the 11's
Old 09-09-2007, 11:39 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

o ok i see now

um... do u still run an air filter on top ur carb? if so... theres kits that go in there

but if ur goin w. clearance issues... u might not be runnin one
Old 09-09-2007, 11:45 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

no I'm running the factory dual snorkal air cleaner but I have it set up with special ram air custon made march performance air scoops under the bumper......I don't really want to change air cleaners cause I built the engine around using this air cleaner if you come to the drag days you'll see why I don't want to change it's pristine under the hood lots of time making it look good...anyway I've seen the kits that go on top of the carb stud but was wondering how well they'd disperse the nitrous and fuel or are they dry only systems...I'd kinda like to use a wet system
Old 09-09-2007, 11:55 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

hey i hear ya about the wet thing..... f uck a dry kit

um... if i were you id prolly piece something together but thats gonna be a little expensive... start w. an efi kit or whatever... and then buy 8 nozzles... and then get jets acordingly... if that kit u mentioned 1st is a set up w. 8 nozzles etc... then just do what u can to figure out the jet size...im sure u can compare a 175 shot.... the jets for the kit u want... and jets for a single nozzle... im gonna go ahead and say that one of the jets for a single nozzle divided by 8 would be one jet for the port set up... if that works(verify it w. the 175 shot) then find out jetting for a 100 or 150(GO 150!!!) and divide by 8 and order acordingly...

go to nos's website and in the instructions for the kits(ur kit and an efi single nozzle kit) it will give you jet sizes... use those to compare... when u get the answer... go to summit... and they have a million diff jet sizes for sale individually and in sets of 8

itll take a little work... but it should work ou like this...
Old 09-10-2007, 12:00 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

yeah I figured I'd have to piece jets together...I'm gonna call holley/NOS in the morning and see if they got part numbers for what I want if not I'll be doing like you said thanks DIMEBAG!!
Old 09-10-2007, 12:04 AM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

chances are if u call them they might be able to tell you the jet size... if not try what i said

and no problem dude... n e time

Quick Reply: Nos fogger kit