5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:21 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Tire Repair and Maintenance
Print Wikipost

nitto dr vs mickey thompson dr

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:31 PM
cobrakiller306
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: nitto dr vs mickey thompson dr

i have tried the bfg's drag radials, adn the mickeyt's but not the nittos, i couldn't hook for **** with the bfgs. the mickeys were nicer, didn't last as long, but i def hooked better and have heard that in comparing the mickey'ss to the nittos, the nittos yes last longer, but hook worse, i choose hoook than last longer, it's the price u pay for having power.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:29 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

m/t ftmfw! no, they wont last as long as the nitto's, but out of all the DRs, m/t is suposed to hook the best.. i have a set, and wont get another brand...
Old 10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dimebag

m/t ftmfw! no, they wont last as long as the nitto's, but out of all the DRs, m/t is suposed to hook the best.. i have a set, and wont get another brand...
they do hook the best...no doubt, but i am satisfied with nittos for my daily driver...how long do the m/t's last?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I've had my M/T Drag Radials on for about 4 months and have went to the track many times, lit the tires up on the street, and run through all the gears barking 2nd and 3rd. There is practically no tread wear and i've been driving around with 12 psi for pretty much the whole time.

These tires hold up fine and the only draw back IMO is if you hit your brakes in the rain you'll be powersliding like a ****.

BTW, Nitto has the worst drag radial ever created. Their compound is just as hard as my BFG KDW's on my other stang... Plus i've run them at the track and lets just say traction becomes a problem.

-Jeff
Old 10-11-2007, 05:19 PM
FredP
2nd Gear Member

so im thinking mt's?
Old 10-11-2007, 05:40 PM
cobrakiller306
2nd Gear Member

get the mt's, you won't regret it
Old 10-11-2007, 05:55 PM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

nittos last the longest and hook decent. Friend has them.
My other friend had bfgs he said they hooked good for a while but hardened up
He is now running mt's with no complaints.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

I've had my M/T Drag Radials on for about 4 months and have went to the track many times, lit the tires up on the street, and run through all the gears barking 2nd and 3rd. There is practically no tread wear and i've been driving around with 12 psi for pretty much the whole time.

These tires hold up fine and the only draw back IMO is if you hit your brakes in the rain you'll be powersliding like a ****.

BTW, Nitto has the worst drag radial ever created. Their compound is just as hard as my BFG KDW's on my other stang... Plus i've run them at the track and lets just say traction becomes a problem.

-Jeff
but was it your daily driver? and if i had it at a more "normal" psi, how would it affect the wear?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nothsa

-Jeff
i went and tried my MT's out one night when it rained. went to a parking lot, from a dead stop and punch it, it just spun. from about 10-20mph, didnt go fast in lot, the car stopped perfect, even jamming the brake to the floor, psi was at 32 lol they shop that mounted and balanced set' em high lol
i didnt ride anyones butt in the rain, just took my time. is it b/c foxes have drum rears?
Old 10-11-2007, 08:46 PM
1fastzook
4th Gear Member

M/T's

Quick Reply: nitto dr vs mickey thompson dr