5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Any MF oldtimers around? New build started!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Default Any MF oldtimers around? New build started!

Hey GUYS!

Any of you older MF guys still kicking around here? I am starting a new build I just couldn't leave this thing stock that I just bought, I lasted all of 2 months in the new stang. Have a few quick questions or open to sugestions on what to build this winter.

-CHOICES 331 or 347 DSS pro Bullet?
-Stay SD with NOS or convert to MAF (want a challenge thinking of keeping it SD)
-Tremec Tranny or race prepped C-4? Any experiences from either side appreciated
-NEED suspension help, anyone here using K members with lightweight a arms? How hard to do it?
-Basically trying to get a gamplan, need this thing to lift tires.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:56 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Any MF oldtimers around? New build started!

am I old enough? and I wouldnt buy DSS anything..
Old 11-01-2007, 05:00 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Yeah why not? Are they that ****ty? Not building a high rever so figured they would be better than my local broke *** machine shop. Where else is there to shop for a shortblock? How are those GT40 crate motors?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:08 PM
ahittz24
3rd Gear Member

get a shortblock from fordstrokers.com call woody and tell him what you want and he will build you a top notch setup for whatever you are looking for. If you want to lift tires you are going to need more than a GT40 setup.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Thanks, will check into them
Old 11-01-2007, 05:43 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

hey man where have you BEEN?

Old 11-01-2007, 05:57 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

hey man where have you BEEN?

REHAB! hahahah jk. Nah just bought a 01 was going to run the saleen kit on it, including the blower and was to lazy, those things are just not near as fun to work on as the fox's. So just bought another one for something to do other than hockey for the winter. Who is all stillkicking around here? blacksnake? 88bluegt? anyone How is your ride coming along?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i wrecked it after i built the 347. now i have a 91 notch now. i about to buy a boss block for it and build another stroker for it.
what all is done to your fox now?
88 pops in from time to time. adder is still around randy disappeared. oynx is around....... ummmm......not sure of anyone else who was around
Old 11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: schwindty

Hey GUYS!

Any of you older MF guys still kicking around here? I am starting a new build I just couldn't leave this thing stock that I just bought, I lasted all of 2 months in the new stang. Have a few quick questions or open to sugestions on what to build this winter.

-CHOICES 331 or 347 DSS pro Bullet?
-Stay SD with NOS or convert to MAF (want a challenge thinking of keeping it SD)
-Tremec Tranny or race prepped C-4? Any experiences from either side appreciated
-NEED suspension help, anyone here using K members with lightweight a arms? How hard to do it?
-Basically trying to get a gamplan, need this thing to lift tires.
stay away from DSS a lot of complaints for the company.......check out woody at fordstrokers i have talked to the guy on many occasions

suspension check out team z. i am going to order a Team z k-member kit when i get the money. on my sn car i had a D&D kit but i have read about people having fitment issuses lately with them
Old 11-01-2007, 06:10 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

****TY, what happened? How did you like the 347? I am kinda starting to gear toward a 347 instead of the 331. Nothing for modsright now man, I found this car local BONE stock in awesome shape, I was going to keep it that way because virgins are hard to find these days. But yeah its not going to work, its a 88GT stick, that ugly maroon color but there is no rust, everything on its super tight has 180,000 Kilometers....picked it up for 4 G Canadian. What kinda prices for the Boss blocks, any good articles about them? Anyone building boss shortblocks?

Quick Reply: Any MF oldtimers around? New build started!