5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

got the mustang dyno'd

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Gary H
4th Gear Member

Default RE: got the mustang dyno'd

To rich and more timing. The lower the number the richer it is.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 PM
neonmarine
1st Gear Member

Ya, 11.9 is too rich. I have all the bolt ons and had a 12.34 afr.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:38 PM
94snake
1st Gear Member

B cam booo that man. An E cam would fit without interference. No bigger without notched or dome pistons tho.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:47 PM
RaceRelated
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

i called a guy at C&L just to see if he could shed some light on the MAF sensor. he actually said its common on our cars to get low numbers with the small mass air with large t/b. he said because im going from a tiny inlet to a huge t/b in comparison 55 to 70mm. he says this causes a large amount of turbulance and loss of air velocity. he said he honestly wouldnt be surprised if i switched it out to a 73mm MAF and adjustable fuel pressure regulator to have it up around the 220-230 range just because my my car is not being allowed to run at its full potential. I faxed him my flow sheets and he called me back with that info. he actually sent me a before and after dyno sheet with a 87fox with the same symptoms as mine. so i think i might vest into those two things, and roller rockers when i get a chance. lol.

that scares me a little now. because i have a 70mm mas, stock TB, and i just made a 4 inch intake.....into a 31/2 in TB inlet but one side of my mass air is 3 1/2in too i prob got my car goin nuts. i can rip on it and it gets up and leaves hard but downshift take off its dogsh!t
Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM
86GreenMachine
2nd Gear Member

My hp amount is the same, and i have more torque then you, and mine is stock something is wrong!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

I think overall that really just reinforces the fact that an aftermarket cam and intake don't help much with the stock heads.

Don't get rid of the B cam for an E cam, if you change cams go with something newer.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:48 PM
dimebag
6th Gear Member

i agree with onyx... is this the set up your keeping for a few years? if so go to camshaftinovations and get something custom made for you...i think its like 300 bucks... cheaper then some OTS cams...

i went with the comp xe270hr with stock heads and intake... im looking into porting those now... but wont be keeping them stock as soon as i can aford new ****...

i say you get a mass air meter, maybe a differant cam... and gt40s or something...

if u wanna see more out of what you have... swap the cam and go sd
Old 11-19-2007, 04:18 PM
1985stang
3rd Gear Member

I've been wanting to have mine tuned up there for so long. How much did they charge you when it was all said and done? I'm assuming Chris did the run for you...
Old 11-19-2007, 04:28 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: RaceRelated

ORIGINAL: FivePointOhh

i called a guy at C&L just to see if he could shed some light on the MAF sensor. he actually said its common on our cars to get low numbers with the small mass air with large t/b. he said because im going from a tiny inlet to a huge t/b in comparison 55 to 70mm. he says this causes a large amount of turbulance and loss of air velocity. he said he honestly wouldnt be surprised if i switched it out to a 73mm MAF and adjustable fuel pressure regulator to have it up around the 220-230 range just because my my car is not being allowed to run at its full potential. I faxed him my flow sheets and he called me back with that info. he actually sent me a before and after dyno sheet with a 87fox with the same symptoms as mine. so i think i might vest into those two things, and roller rockers when i get a chance. lol.

that scares me a little now. because i have a 70mm mas, stock TB, and i just made a 4 inch intake.....into a 31/2 in TB inlet but one side of my mass air is 3 1/2in too i prob got my car goin nuts. i can rip on it and it gets up and leaves hard but downshift take off its dogsh!t
that makes no sense at all.... you made a 4 inch intake?? use MM's not inches, makes more sense.

i agree with onyx... is this the set up your keeping for a few years? if so go to camshaftinovations and get something custom made for you...i think its like 300 bucks... cheaper then some OTS cams...

i went with the comp xe270hr with stock heads and intake... im looking into porting those now... but wont be keeping them stock as soon as i can aford new ****...

i say you get a mass air meter, maybe a differant cam... and gt40s or something...

if u wanna see more out of what you have... swap the cam and go sd
if i knew then what i do now i wouldnt have bought a b303. i would have went something more modern, steeda or a custom. and onyx your completely right, exactly what my tuner said, proves cam and intake dont do crap, but it also proves you must match everything you do. once i get my meter today i should feel a huge difference. to be more in depth:

the stock air meter only pulls 562cfms, the TB and intake i have is capible of pulling 800+cfms the air meter i bought can pull 850cfms as a straight flow through test tube. the guy said the reason why my numbers take a jump off a cliff at 4g's because at that point its like sucking air through a straw....its too hard and i suffocate the motor. he expects about a 20-30 hp increase just by matching my parts and allowing the engine to perform how it should. he said with the mods i have he's seen a similar application that i should be hitting 220-230ish.

also this weekend im putting on a 3g alt i found for 45 bucks a new taurus fan for 25 bucks. woot woot! another 10 ponies baby!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:42 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: 1985stang

I've been wanting to have mine tuned up there for so long. How much did they charge you when it was all said and done? I'm assuming Chris did the run for you...
im friends with the family. yea chris and fittzy tuned it for me. 100 bucks for three pulls and some tuning, no chip needed

Quick Reply: got the mustang dyno'd