5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

CANT believe my car is CRACKED I got CHEATED??? help what can I do

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:06 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CANT believe my car is CRACKED I got CHEATED??? help what can I do

window/door probably leaked at some point and water sat down there, eventually rusting out.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

It sucks but can be fixed.
As far as getting the previous owner to fix it or take the car back, I highly doubt.
Being that you bought it from a private seller theres no warranty or anything and it was purchased as is and he's not required to fix anything on it.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

11-18-2007:
Well Still no callback or answer when I call, so I decided to prepare for the worst:
I saved JamesGuyMacias_Advert: the Craigslist listing and JamesGuyMacias_Listing: the Craigslist search results page with his item
------------------
I "file: save as" the ad and listing and put it on my website for record keeping,
also printing the ad and listing out on my laser printer:
Saved Ad:
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automoti...470133724.html
Saved Listing:
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automoti...isting/sss.htm

------------------
Here they are on Craigslist:
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/467808623.html
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/car/470133724.html
Well I am waiting until monday afternoon to gear up for legal recourse, who knows he may leave his phone off on weekends.......
Old 11-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93 LX FiveO

window/door probably leaked at some point and water sat down there, eventually rusting out.
could be, but its not rusty.........

I also updated the page I made with pics of the damage etc;
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automoti...amagePictures/
Old 11-18-2007, 05:34 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

I really dont think theres anything you can legally do with this.
Ive bought a few cars that were worse than I thought but there was nothing I could do to make the seller fix the car or take it back.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

A SCISSOR JACK DID THAT.
Pull the carpet up in the area,

Take a wiz wheel or wire brush, remove the undercoating and paint, bend that thin piece of coca cola can back with some pliers, and have an exhaust shop weld the joint for $20.

How many sellers actually look under the car?

How many mechanics actually admit they did that to your car?

Why does Ford put a tool next to your spare thats useless & damaging?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aode06
A SCISSOR JACK DID THAT.
ooooooohhhhh GAWD I think you're right, phppppppt!Y$%[:'(][:'(][:'(]
well I did notice yesterday that the spare was *definately* used
ORIGINAL: aode06
Why does Ford put a tool next to your spare thats useless & damaging?
[&:]haa ha if you're in the middle of the desert with 1 blown tire no water and feelin' desperate.....

looks like they must have sizzored the same gen area at least twice [:@][:@][&:][:@][:@]
Old 11-18-2007, 08:39 PM
USMC1775
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hamutoff

Thanks for ideas what to do... yes I left voicemail for him, but no reply... however it IS sat night I called at 6pm
Yes tried to be civil, explained that I just replaced seat, noticed trouble, was surprised!! took pictures, asked him to contact me so we could chat about it.

mjr46 thanks. but I am worried, it is sunken down quite a bit, did you click on the link and see pics? the pics of the "new" black seat I installed, the difference of how the seat angle is? I think the floor is sunk 1.5 inches or so.... and its def. more on the left...it leans to the left so its sunken down, uneven cracked split.

In your opinion is your advise on fixing still valid with this additional info? Perhaps I could get this guy to simply help pay for repairs.... what do you guys think about that angle? That way he might be more willing to help at all, say 50% of repairs?

I did ask about any and all problems with car, he only had for several months but he got from orig owner's son... car had sat long enought to get probably rats livin under the intake they had bedding and seeds there. The seller stated he drove the car to work 2 days a week 30 miles one way... he had a 67 fastback sitting in his garage 90 resto-modded. 30k put into it he seemed quite savvy...

Dont worry dude, in CA its the law that the seller has to pay for repairs that need to be done for smog, if hes a cool gutYou should be able to get him to pay for the fix. Shouldnt cost much anyways.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 AM
50Stocker
2nd Gear Member

That's too bad about the car, but everyone has provided you with some great suggestions. Yeah I know it's a real kick in the ***** for this to happen when you first purchase a car, but facing the facts, it can be repaired. The "aero" cars are now twenty years old, and companies like 50 Resto are in business for a reason.

I just recently got a fox too, and I look at these cars as the '66 mustangsI have.If my 66 needed part of the floor/patch panelit comes with the territory.These cars have recently been called the next 55-57 Chevy etc. by Hot Rod magazine, and people will always continue to appreciate them... so on the bright side, just be happy you have another stang.

I did check the pictures, and it does look like a good deal of that was done by the scissor jack on the pinch weld. Get it level, weld it, patch it, whatever...throw some carpet over it and forget it.

As for the seller...egg his house next weekend.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:30 AM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

dont worry i got beat on my hatch. i paid 3500 and i have rustout out quarter on one side and underside of the car is rusty too. all the seams have rust. i still have to replace the rear, clutch and rebuild the trans. ill be at 5000 and the body is still gonna look like S***. no where near a car worth 5 grand. but im stuck with it now. that fix isnt horrible. and if you took out the seats and carpet then put the drivers seat to get it there.