5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

CANT believe my car is CRACKED I got CHEATED??? help what can I do

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

Default CANT believe my car is CRACKED I got CHEATED??? help what can I do

Oh I cant believe I missed a cracked floorboard, its torn, cracked bent and pulled away from body. PLEASE HELP ME can it easily be fixed, should I ask the seller to pay for repair, or take the car back[][][][][]
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automoti...amagePictures/
Bought a 1992 coupe last week. Seat was weird, looked in detail at the 4 corners of body for accidents, seller said no accidents after really looking I agreed with him

Car runs good, but its price was just as high as many clean coupes out there without this VERY VEXING damage.... it LOOKS REALLY BAD PLEASE LOOK AT THE PAGE I MADE
http://www.thatmetalbox.com/automoti...amagePictures/

Tonight I put a spare seat in there and during install I noticed the FUBAR SNAFU!!!!
Well I called him right away and left a message nothing yet though. Its only been 20 minutes.......
Old 11-17-2007, 08:36 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: CANT believe my car is CRACKED I got CHEATED??? help what can I do

If the seller knew about this prior, which I'm sure he did. I'd request a refund. Who knows what else was hidden.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:39 PM
93 LX FiveO
5th Gear Member

shady work

IMO try to handle this civil

if it doesnt work out i would sell the car as-is.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:57 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

crap man.....that's an easy repair....they sell reinforcement panels for the floor pans..infact the ssp mustangs had them.......and the floor pans where the seat mounts around are famous for cracking out...mine had the same problem.....I pulled the seats and pulled up enough carpet to access the cracks and used a mig welder to seal the cracks and you can place a piece of 1/4 flat stock over top the cracks and weld that to the floors.....tastefully and properly done..it'll look fine and be twice as strong
Old 11-17-2007, 08:59 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Look up the law's in your state that protect the buyer. Be civil to guy when you talk to him, blowing a gasket will get you no where. If he is not willing to bend then refer to law's. Sometimes something sold as is is as is. If you cant get any where and you like the car just fix it and chalk this up as a learning experience. Everyone has been screwed by some bum at one time or another.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for ideas what to do... yes I left voicemail for him, but no reply... however it IS sat night I called at 6pm
Yes tried to be civil, explained that I just replaced seat, noticed trouble, was surprised!! took pictures, asked him to contact me so we could chat about it.

mjr46 thanks. but I am worried, it is sunken down quite a bit, did you click on the link and see pics? the pics of the "new" black seat I installed, the difference of how the seat angle is? I think the floor is sunk 1.5 inches or so.... and its def. more on the left...it leans to the left so its sunken down, uneven cracked split.

In your opinion is your advise on fixing still valid with this additional info? Perhaps I could get this guy to simply help pay for repairs.... what do you guys think about that angle? That way he might be more willing to help at all, say 50% of repairs?

I did ask about any and all problems with car, he only had for several months but he got from orig owner's son... car had sat long enought to get probably rats livin under the intake they had bedding and seeds there. The seller stated he drove the car to work 2 days a week 30 miles one way... he had a 67 fastback sitting in his garage 90 resto-modded. 30k put into it he seemed quite savvy...
Old 11-17-2007, 10:29 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

It wont hurt to ask him to help pay for repair's. All he can do is say no.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:43 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: Hamutoff

Thanks for ideas what to do... yes I left voicemail for him, but no reply... however it IS sat night I called at 6pm
Yes tried to be civil, explained that I just replaced seat, noticed trouble, was surprised!! took pictures, asked him to contact me so we could chat about it.

mjr46 thanks. but I am worried, it is sunken down quite a bit, did you click on the link and see pics? the pics of the "new" black seat I installed, the difference of how the seat angle is? I think the floor is sunk 1.5 inches or so.... and its def. more on the left...it leans to the left so its sunken down, uneven cracked split.

In your opinion is your advise on fixing still valid with this additional info? Perhaps I could get this guy to simply help pay for repairs.... what do you guys think about that angle? That way he might be more willing to help at all, say 50% of repairs?

I did ask about any and all problems with car, he only had for several months but he got from orig owner's son... car had sat long enought to get probably rats livin under the intake they had bedding and seeds there. The seller stated he drove the car to work 2 days a week 30 miles one way... he had a 67 fastback sitting in his garage 90 resto-modded. 30k put into it he seemed quite savvy...
YEP I saw them all before posting....the floor pans on the mustangs are not very heavy duty...infact if you placed a block of wood on the sunk portion with a floor jack you may be able to reverse the effect somewhat......I understand your concern and if I didn't have the know how or access to tools or a facility to repair such damage then I would share your concern..........but it is something that can be repaired and all is not lost with the car....and if he'll help with the repair then more power to you...it can't hurt to ask!!!.....I don't mean to assume all repairs are easy...just I've got alot of experience at welding and repairing panels and rust damage...If you go to my thread about "test n tune" you'll see a 68 cougar I ran against...this is actually one of my best customers/ friend too...and I cut the whole trunk area out and lower quarter panels and floor pans out and frame rails and welded in all new stuff..I even had to reconnstruct the damaged inner wheel houses...too bad your not close..I could hook you up on the repair!!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:13 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

I sure appreciate your kind words Do you think I could place a 2x4 across the area and jack it up... then somehow weld the cracks and split areas Then I would add the same subframe connectors on my other car.... they use that brace akin to the SSP cars, a separate bolt on piece that is in turn welded to the sf connector .. what are my options, I would like it to last for 20+ years what ever I do, looking for a keeper
This:
and

on ebay $199.99
Old 11-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

oh yeah and how the h*ll did this happen (do you folks think)???????????????????????

is the only real way to do it and get the bolt holes back in the proper place cut and replace floor panel?
is this a good one/ good price?
http://www.calmuscleparts.com/store/...ANS-C1537.aspx
$187.95

Quick Reply: CANT believe my car is CRACKED I got CHEATED??? help what can I do