5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

I need a source for water pump bolts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 01:40 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

Default I need a source for water pump bolts!!!

Hey, fellas'... don't break your water pump or timing cover bolts off.
I called Ford and they don't make them anymore.
So I saw a kit in the Jegs catalog and ordered them.
It said it's for a 302 with an aluminum timing cover.
Ieven talked to a tech and explained about the double ended bolts and he said the ARP kit is exactly what I need.

This is what I need...

And this is what Jegs sent...

Not even close!!! Only 3 bolts in the kit are like what I need.

So now I'm trying to find another place to get these special bolts... the double ended ones are the problem. Anyone know of a place that makes/sells a factory replacement set?

Old 11-30-2007, 01:47 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: I need a source for water pump bolts!!!

yeah let me know if you can find some........they are tough to come by so when I see a car with them.....I buy 'em up quick[&:]
Old 11-30-2007, 01:53 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

Idon't think new ones exist... and Jegs sucks monkey meat for telling me they would work whenI CLEARLY explained about the double ended bolts. The guy just kept saying, "Yeah, yeah... they'll freakin' work."to the point that he was getting pissed at me becauseI was doubting him.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:56 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: capri debris

Idon't think new ones exist... and Jegs sucks monkey meat for telling me they would work whenI CLEARLY explained about the double ended bolts. The guy just kept saying, "Yeah, yeah... they'll freakin' work."to the point that he was getting pissed at me becauseI was doubting him.
usually when no one can get a part I need and out of the blue someone says they do have it!! I doubt immediately what they're telling me and in that case I would of went to arp's website and looked for a pic of the part number you have..sometimes that'll help me verify the stupidity of the guy on the phone
Old 11-30-2007, 01:59 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

Oh, and I let the Ford parts guy have it too. LOL. I said, "How many 5.0 motors did Ford produce with these bolts on the water pumpthat also holdthe power steering bracket on and they don't make them anymore?!?!" "Way to let dedicated customers with their asses hanging in the wind!" This is the kind of crap that makes me really hate Ford!!! I mean you can buy water pumps for these motors almost anywhere, but they don't makefreakin' BOLTSfor them anymore? WTF!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

an idea that might work but might not. the studded one maybe you could buy the correct ones for one side then find the length of the other cut the hex off and weld them together. is a lot of work but if they dont make them and theyre hard to come by then it might work. so is that for all 302's
Old 11-30-2007, 04:55 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

sorry about the dbl post.

Old 11-30-2007, 05:20 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

I have an extra engine with the bolts still on them if you want them you can have them for free, just PM me with your address and i will ship them for free.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:55 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Scott I guess I got lucky. A couple years ago I had the same problem on my 92, I was lucky enough to get them from the dealer. Are they the same on the later years. I could call around to some of our dealers here and see if anyone has them.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:05 PM
capri debris
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PRO50SC

Scott I guess I got lucky. A couple years ago I had the same problem on my 92, I was lucky enough to get them from the dealer. Are they the same on the later years. I could call around to some of our dealers here and see if anyone has them.
I'm not sure, but I'd bet they are the same on '86-'93 Mustangs. If you can find some new ones at your local dealer, I'd just need their phone number to order some.

Quick Reply: I need a source for water pump bolts!!!