5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Are t-top foxes worth more

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:33 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Default Are t-top foxes worth more

I have an 86 parts car I am getting ready to sell. It an LX 5.0 t-top, has no engine, trans, exhaust, interior, or wiring. It is a rolling chasis with an 8.8 3.73 rear, all fuel, sterring, suspension and braking is there. The hatch needs replacing doors have minor rust at bottom inside. She is very straight with no dents, it also has a unpainted 4" cowl cowl hood and Saleen wing. This guy wants just the whole front clip with the cowl hood, if i sell him that how much do you think? How much for the car as it sits now? Heres a few pics, note exhaust taken off after pics, I also have an extra dash, console, rear quarters, door panels, and most wiring I could throw in. The parts are different colors and would need paint.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:00 PM
wildsurfer92
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Are t-top foxes worth more

hey man...how much are you trying to get for the whole car? are you willing to part more stuff out? I have found...when i was trying to sell my 85 gt with t-tops, that there are not too many people around interested, and anyone who stopped by would totally insult me with a lowball price...but im getting it painted right now, and have some more things to fix up...I have been told, that parting them out is the way to go, but there is a lot of time involved doing so...lemme know if you are interested in selling as a whole or parts...i could use stuff
Old 12-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

I bought my '86 t-top for 915 dollars in '06, but it had a complete(though faded and dirty) interior a barely running 3.8 under the hood with bad headgaskets it has decent tires on it, rust in the drivers door the car is in decent condition, though it is no show car...
Old 12-01-2007, 09:11 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

i love t-top cars

shelty when ARE you going to finish that conversion? weren't you just about done with it?
Old 12-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my77stang

i love t-top cars

shelty when ARE you going to finish that conversion? weren't you just about done with it?
I just about am done, I sorta ran outta money, then my buick fell apart, so I got the 'vert, on a loan from the 'rents...so I'm waiting for the spring Carisle swap meet in april to get the parts I am missing for cheaper. its down to the little things that'll nickle and dime me to death... I need the stupid stuff, like the powersteering and alt bracket, fuel pressure regulator, and a fan shroud..., unless I run a junkyard electric fan or something... havnt found a deal that Ive liked on a carb yet....

It should get done by the summer. just ran into a few snags n such, but I didnt lose hope on it just yet... once its running, I'll keep it as an extra car....
Old 12-01-2007, 09:50 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

well generally the 87-88 T-Top cars are worth a lot more cuz they are really rare. the 86 and lower models rnt really worth much more than regulal ones cuz they are more common
Old 12-01-2007, 10:17 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

i was thinking $500 for the car without wing or give this guy the front and hood for $300
Old 12-02-2007, 12:55 AM
86_GT_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I want the hood
Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 AM
monkeyboy
2nd Gear Member

I could use the doors (as long as their rust free). How much would you want for them (I know shipping is expensive)? I got an '87 GT parts car converible. We could do some parts swapping.

And I don't know if the t-top cars are woeth more or not. I gave $700 for mine. And It should've been scrapped. But if you have the time and space. You could make alittle more parting it out. I think if someone is giving you $300 for the front clip. I'd just part it out..... That's almost half of what you would probably get out of it as a whole car.

Oh.... and let me know about those doors seriously.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 AM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

The doors are rusty on inside but not bubbling on outside, if you could pick up I would let them go for $100 with glass, and all power options and wiring

Quick Reply: Are t-top foxes worth more