5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Hamutoff
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please

ORIGINAL: coony278
I did body work for several years. You would be suprised how easy your car will be to fix.
cool, but did you see the new pictures?
Dont be to hard on the person that hit you , to error is human and they just errored into you.
Any way could be worse , your not hurt and you have insurance , so just make the car better or get another one Chad
thanks chad ,but the guy who hit me was angry at me and yelled at me. I never raised my voice to him or called him any names, ne never so much as said "sorry" what would you say to that <hmm there is no smily icon for "I am puking now">

also after 12 years AAA paying them $$$$ all that time they want to say I dont have insurance even though I called them and changed it, I have 3 cars on policy, changed one, like I used to do ALL THE TIME years ago, now they are trying to say that not enough time passed since they said OK we changed your policy from the 1990 to the 1991 car you can drive it.... to the 20 minutes later when the accident occured.
Oh and I AM hurt... so thanks for your pep talk!!!
[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o] aw Im just joking around but these smileys sure do fit me now [&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
Old 12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

you would have that car back in a week , alot of body guys do side work at home and weekends at work. You break it down for them, and they will make quick work of this blemish and charge less
Old 12-05-2007, 07:06 PM
tinman
5th Gear Member

I think I would have killed the little pr-ck in the ricer that hit you.
Really, it don't look to me like the damage is real bad, might fix cheaper than you think.........
Old 12-05-2007, 07:34 PM
adumb
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

ORIGINAL: my77stang

you need a beer

i threw up in my mouth a little bit wheni saw this picture. that **** taste horendous but will get you drunk.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

Get a personal injury lawyer... A good one will get your bills paid and more than enough money to rebuild a car past what you had.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:49 PM
98MustangGT46
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear.. Glad your ok. Wish you luck getting this whole situation resolved.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:51 PM
speedstang06
4th Gear Member

You have better restraint then I think I would have had if he yelled at me and it was his fault! That would have pissed me off more than him actually hitting me. Get a lawyer and get what you are owed from this dbag.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

Sorry to see such a beautiful car railed like that Best of luck with whatever happens with it.
Insurance companies will always try to get the best deal for themselves. When some idiot hit me on my (ex)motorcycle and totalled it, the morons tried to tell me that the frame wasn't 'that' bent!!!! Be presistent, and don't take their crap.
This is the reason I'm probably switching to classic car insurance asap. Pay a little more, but you can insure it for what it's actually worth. KBB is useless for anything decent.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

Why did that ***** yell at you??? You should have broken him off something proper.

Friggin SUV drivers... all aroun here they are very aggressive drivers. They're nothing but big battering rams...

BTW... sorry to hear about the whole situation...
Old 12-05-2007, 11:11 PM
50Stocker
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the car, I hope you are okay. To be honest with you, almost anything can be repaired, what an insurance company looks at is the question, isit cost effective? I don't want to write a very long post, but want to help inform you. I used to do this work and total cars out all day EVERYDAY

Could I total this car...depends. From what you are saying the other company will accept liability. the cost to repair a car depends on which company you go through. if you go through the other company, you are a claimant, and there is a formulafor repair vs. the value of the car. Mostcars that are hit and go through the other driver's company at fault are constructive total losses.

Formula is:initial estimate to repair the car+salvage bid (from ainsurance yard)+10-15%anticipated supplement (as you are going to find more when it is torn down, I can see the floor damage, but how is the rail, how will it look after pulls)+ the $ required during the duration of keeping you in a rental car (gets costly with weekends, holidays, days to order parts etc)> ACV (actual cash value of the vehicle) it is a total.

if you go through your company, they can't hold the rental cost against you. Actual cash value is never determined by blue book. Most insurance companies use an independent valuation company. Some do just use NADA.

What youshould do is find all the reciepts for recent work (usually only accept w/in the past year) done to the car. This will help bolster the value. Also if it is deemed a total, you will want to lok for recents comps to see what people in the hobby vs. just a corner used car lot are ACTUALLY GETTING this means sold for (call recent sellers)and document.

You have to ask yourself what do you really want besides turning back the clock so it never happened. Above all things...be nice to your adjuster b/cattitude is everything.If you are trouble form the startthey are not going to want to deal with you to fix the car, and will just send it down the road.

Depending on you, relationship with the shop in question, and a couple other things I could go either way with it based on the damage I saw. It really needs to be taken apart though.get it to a shop...ask around. Find a nice "neighborhood shop" as large production shops don;t want to work on older cars anyways, and won't work for you with any extras that may become out of pocket,RARELY an insurance company will let a shop do a "contract bid" that says this is xyz of what we are paying due to the value, and the owner and shop have to take care of the excess.

What company hit you?

Just to throw it in the pot to see it helps you decide if you want to repair the car or not, you were hit well under 40 MPH. Insurance institute safety testing is normally done at 40 mph and the damage is much more severe. The Toyota dmg is costly b/c it is a newer vehicle,but it is damaged in all the places it is supposed to be. Police estimations on skids aren't always correct from the reports I have seen anways. Some pulls on your car and you would be amazed. Again like said earlier, your safety is much more important

Anyways hope you are okay...hope it all goes well for you. PM me if you have some questions.

Quick Reply: MY CAR was KILLED - F^C*ING kill me please