5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

One bad Hatchback

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:16 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

Default One bad Hatchback

If this works out, this is a picture of my friend's 9 sec hatch. Stock block, 347 stroker, 610 solid lift cam around a 280 duration.He was going threw the traps between 8000-8200rpms. I saw him run several high 9 second passes that day with his best being a 9.88 @135. 5000 stalled C-4, 9"-4.30 gear, 26" tall slicks. He since now has gotten taller tires to compensate for the tall gear. Internally balanced rotating assembly. This was the 3rd year for running this motor. So I am posting this for all the fella's on here that keep on saying not to waste your time or money on stock blocks. If they are built right, they will run hard and last too.

[IMG]local://upfiles/66271/1DCC23E9ACEA4C08A56B3877888AD4FC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-14-2007, 07:17 PM
91RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: One bad Hatchback

nice, with how much nitrous?
Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

The most he has ever sprayed on the car is 125 shot. Thats what he was spraying that day.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:30 PM
91RedGT
2nd Gear Member

Coo, thats a big cam..what heads does he have? has he removed weight?
Old 12-14-2007, 07:30 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

what has he done to keep the block together? just balanced the **** out of it? what year block? mexican block? roller block?
Old 12-14-2007, 08:26 PM
BlessedHellride
4th Gear Member

He has a set of Edelbrock heads, not sure of runner size thow. Running a 750 Demon mechanical secondaries carb. I don't know what he had done to the rotating assembly. I just met him earlier this year at the Pinks All Out show in Houston, Texas. There is actually a short clip of Randy making a pass on the show that was on TV, but he wasn't chosen for the show. I never met him before, didn't even know we were from the same town. But anyways, he had the engine built by a guy in Tennesse so he told me. He didn't get into alot of specifics with me about it as he really doesn't know himself I beleive. He is one of those guys that has a business partner and 1 son over in Iraq working and with all their money combined they have assembled this car.Randy did build the car as I have since seen him working on it at his shop. Yes it is strictly a track car. I haven't seen him run it since he put the taller tires and changed the stock front K-member out for a tubular one with all the goodies that go with it. I have only spoken to him on 3 different occasions, twice at two different tracks and once at his shop in town. I asked him about the engine builders name before but he couldn't call out his name off the top of his head. He called the engine builder about turning 8k at the traps and what to do about it as far as hurting the engine and he told me that the engine builder told him to run it and not to worry about it. I will try and find out the builders name and shop information and pass it on. I was amazed as he was answering my questions that day in the staging lanes at the track. I allways heard it couldn't be done with a stock block but after seeing Randy beat on his car like he does I just couldn't resist on trying my luck with a 347 for myself.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:29 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

find out what the shops name is as i am not that far from tn
Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 PM
splash21
2nd Gear Member

hey i wonder if whitelightning is gonna call that a worthless piece of **** too?? but yeah not to shabby there. i have always loved watching foxes at the tracks around here. ever since i was a kid i was obsessed with them and always told my dad when i seen em "one day ill have mine".. but yeah im heading to knoxville tomarrow night to meet up with 95vertgts and trade cars. if your not that far maybe we could make it a short hour or 2 meet
Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

nice times on a stock block
Old 12-15-2007, 01:04 AM
yellow93lx
2nd Gear Member

I don't buy the stock Ford block story. What is he doing to get a stock block put out 600 hp and have the builder say to go all out with no worries? I am not a engine builder, but that goes way beyond everything I have heard about the stock 302 block.

Quick Reply: One bad Hatchback