5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Help me fix my stang: damage to front

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:34 AM
50Stocker
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Help me fix my stang: damage to front

shop won't fix the support...it is kinked. Kinked v. bend. They only repair stuff that they can pull and this is not a great area to do it on..50 resto does have some crash parts.I would have to look at the car and the estimate software closer, but sometimes they sell just a lower tie bar. This looks like a one shot deal though.Average radiator support is like 13.0 hours of labor, fender R&I (you already did half the work), add fluid, part price plus paint. They could also look at your fender for you. If it needs paint, take comfort in the fact that you have the best color car to just base the areas that need to be based, and reclear the rest...that is if your car has clear. Good luck
Old 12-29-2007, 02:25 AM
NoRegrets

Doesn't seem like much damage, but what's going to cost you is getting the front end right.. Probably looking close to $1800 in bodyshop (Basing this on my own experience).. That should include brand new hood, fenders, radiator support and straightening the front end, and also paint. I paid 2500 for mine, but I also had them striaghten the frame and put brand nw headlights and everything up front.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:18 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jclaudii

get more pics like this but from the front of the car. then get eye level with the front bar that these connect to
Old 01-04-2008, 11:44 AM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

jeeperstang I'll get some extra pics. I am borrowing a come-a-long from a friend at work to pull out the lower support. I have called the local yards and one says they have a couple stangs that I could take a look at. The guy though one had a good front clip section but I won't know till I get there. Even if it is good, I don't know how I would cut it off. If you look on ebay and type mustang radiator support it pulls up tons of them fairly cheap....except for shipping. But that may be a way to go if this bend it back thing does not work.

A few parts I'll need at the yard are the lower support arms that connect to the k member and possibly some rubber mounts for evaporator and radiator.

Just out of curiosity, I remember reading or someone telling me that the 5.0 HO engine fan turns differently than the truck version. Does anyone know what fan blades from other ford vehicles will fit. The fan clutch is okay so I just need the blade. I know their faily cheap at 50resto but if I can get one locally it would save on shipping. I'll post up after the weekend hopefully with some progress reports.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:31 AM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

I pulled the RAD support out this weekend with a come-a-long and it worked fine.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:09 PM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

Any extra information before I start putting pieces back on?
Old 01-16-2008, 01:15 PM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

Got it the engine parts back together but I got to pick up a new fan blade and belt. I drove it the otherday and it seemd to drive fine, but feels like it has bad toe in and needs aligned. Way to twitchy steering. I also have removed the kmember to rad support and the frame to kmember support until I can get a new one. Any issues of driving it without the support?

I beat on the fender some with a hammer to get the major dent out so I can start putting pieces back on.

Quick question????
Does the front air dam need the fenders for support or can I run the car without fenders? The reason I ask is so I could drive the car while I drop the fender off to get redone. In the mean time I'm going to just pop most of the dents out and slap some primer on it to keep it from rusting.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:27 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

glad you and the dog are ok, sucks but it happens...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:19 PM
jclaudii
1st Gear Member

Well I got the fenders and bumper and all the rest of the crap put back on it. It looks like crap. The hood does not line up with the bumper and fenders. I must of tweaked something. Even the door rubs slightly against the pass fender. I'll have to live with it for now, but I'll be tinkering with it off and on until I can get it back together correctly.

No one responded.....do you think it is safe to drive without the braces that go from k-member to rad support and from k-member to frame?

Quick Reply: Help me fix my stang: damage to front