5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Intake question Edlelbrock Victor JR

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 05:36 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Intake question Edlelbrock Victor JR

ORIGINAL: mjr46
you really need the elbow to route the tubbing properly and to not have a huge toaster mounted on top ofyour hood
HUH?

I don't need the elbow to mount the TB, I was just going to make an CAI that had the bend in it.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Don't use the carburetor "rpm ranges"....they are not applicable to EFI setups, there is no fuel suspended on the air, the TB is just an air valve. You could set a 4-barrel TB on the intake, if they used EEC-IV compatible TPS and IAC, nothing that is not "workable".....but it'll take some customizing.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Joel5.0

Don't use the carburetor "rpm ranges"....they are not applicable to EFI setups, there is no fuel suspended on the air, the TB is just an air valve. You could set a 4-barrel TB on the intake, if they used EEC-IV compatible TPS and IAC, nothing that is not "workable".....but it'll take some customizing.
That is the idea. So where would the ranges be at? Lower or higher? I want to do someting unique and cutom to fill my time in the winter.

Also, do you know of any TB I could use?
Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Don't look at the "rpm range", if you really want to do an "old-school" looking setup and set it right, all you need is a way to make it work. Will it run?......ohh yeah!.... but you also need to plan/provide for the other components that will make it work... it's not just an intake/TB setup that will define the rpm range...... need to add the heads + cam (obviously, you know I will reco a custom from CI), and a Tweecer would make tuning it (from 1300-xxxx rpms) a breeze.... now you really have a custom setup.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Don't look at the "rpm range", if you really want to do an "old-school" looking setup and set it right, all you need is a way to make it work. Will it run?......ohh yeah!.... but you also need to plan/provide for the other components that will make it work... it's not just an intake/TB setup that will define the rpm range...... need to add the heads + cam (obviously, you know I will reco a custom from CI), and a Tweecer would make tuning it (from 1300-xxxx rpms) a breeze.... now you really have a custom setup.
The intake is just the first step...lets not get ahead of me...although I like your thinking

You have a link to one of those TB's? Either that or I am going to make an adaptor for my current TB to mount on an intake.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 PM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

r.barn is using one on his 351 twin turbo build. im sure he can help you through some of it to
Old 12-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

The intake is just the first step...lets not get ahead of me...although I like your thinking

You have a link to one of those TB's? Either that or I am going to make an adaptor for my current TB to mount on an intake.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...niversal.shtml
Old 12-21-2007, 08:34 AM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Yeah, those ones are GM style...are those EEC-IV also?
Old 12-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 5.0stanger

Yeah, those ones are GM style...are those EEC-IV also?
Nope..... that's where the customizing would also need to take place......for the TPS I don't see a major problem, the IAC (4-wire gm vs 2-wire Ford) is the one that would need "attention".
Old 12-21-2007, 09:41 AM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

4 brl TB install on mine.

The TPS will wire up easy.

The GM style IAC will give headaches cause it is ground controlled
vs. positive voltage control like the Ford is. At least that was my understanding.
We made it work, but I have an AEM computer, with aux. defineable inputs/outputs

Just get the Edlebrock Vic. Jr. with injector ports already in.
Only cost about $70 more than the carb version with no injector ports.
Edlebrock makes $80 matching fuel rails too.

Quick Reply: Intake question Edlelbrock Victor JR