5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Comps to Summit Customer service

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:01 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default Comps to Summit Customer service

Went to summit on friday to pick up some more wheels. I took a new f-cam that i wasnt sure when i bought. The manager was a guy i had seen at a couple FFW weekend events. He had to go back in the archive's to search for my purchase, it took a while, but he found it. I bought this cam march of 06. I got full credit minus 20 percent restocking fee, his boss came over and said it was mandatory. The fee was about the same as the tax. Almost two years, no receipt and a refund, cant beat that. And with the new prostars, i had to do some grinding on my brake retainer tabs and my caliper bolts. I sure liked the the old prostar xp's, but they dont make them anymore. Anyway, car looks good. Wheels are tucked nicely withgoing to a 15x8 from a 15x9.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Comps to Summit Customer service

pictures??

BTW, congrats on getting some cash back!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:18 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Nah, no pics to upload. My soon to be ex took the camera[:@]. Hell i'm too broke anyway lol. I've kept the house and the payment is $1545 a month. I told her jan would be my last payment. I have to find somewhere else to live untill the lease is up on my rental house. I'll live anywhere for four months rather than make this payment. My next girl MUST have an appreciation for hot rods and bass fishing, or at least give me enough space to pursue my hobby's.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

Nah, no pics to upload. My soon to be ex took the camera[:@]. Hell i'm too broke anyway lol. I've kept the house and the payment is $1545 a month. I told her jan would be my last payment. I have to find somewhere else to live untill the lease is up on my rental house. I'll live anywhere for four months rather than make this payment. My next girl MUST have an appreciation for hot rods and bass fishing, or at least give me enough space to pursue my hobby's.
I feel your pain!!! my wife doesn't share my interest in cars, so whenever, I get the opportunity I take her to the track and she kicks and screams a little but as of recent I finally got her to admit that racing is kinda fun..once I throw her butt in one of my cars..usually the green 92...she won't hop out of the seat until the race is over..so this tactic has somewhat save me!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:34 PM
notchbackmatt87
3rd Gear Member

cant beat that i will be ordering my battery relocation kit from the shortly. this will be my first purchase from summit i hope and am shure all will go well.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

There was no hope for mine. She is too needy. She wants the fairy tale relationship, that's why she has been married 3 times. She must be the center of attention at all times. I told her, just like everything else the newness wears off over time. We were married 8 years and after about 4 i got tired of trying to please her because it was never good enough. I thought i was pretty good, i never screwed around, went to bars, or knocked the hell out of her even when i thought she deserved lol.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

There was no hope for mine. She is too needy. She wants the fairy tale relationship, that's why she has been married 3 times. She must be the center of attention at all times. I told her, just like everything else the newness wears off over time. We were married 8 years and after about 4 i got tired of trying to please her because it was never good enough. I thought i was pretty good, i never screwed around, went to bars, or knocked the hell out of her even when i thought she deserved lol.
eh cant win them all man, sorry to hear about that....
Old 12-24-2007, 07:25 AM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

Well my soon-to-be-wife-in-6-days doesn't like me messing with my car either. I always hear "you don't need that", or "quit looking at summit racing or mustang forums". Bitch. But she does love bass fishing, especially when she outcatches me, which is rarely. She learned pretty early that i'm going to do what i want, and she's going to deal with it. Like, if i want to go hangout, then i'll tell her, and if she bitches, oh well. She'll get over it.
Old 12-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Dave5point0
2nd Gear Member

Summit is badass, i've ordered crap from them for years and it always seems like they do the right thing, but now i've got a hookup at advance autoparts and my guy there can order basically ANYTHING in the summit catalog directly from the manufacturer and get it at cost :-) , sorry to here that your old girl is a biotch and took the camera, theres always camera phones lol, my sig pic was taken with my camera phone and is of decent quality i think, oh well, good luck fishing (for a better girl that is)
Old 12-24-2007, 08:06 AM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Glad to here you got the car back together, sorry about the big D, but you will end up happier. No more bitching about your stang and fishing.