5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

stuck up chevy people

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 04:16 AM
pk222
3rd Gear Member

Default stuck up chevy people

I have nothing agenst chevys but today I pulled up next to an (i think 70) corvette in a parking lot and me and my friends were lookin at it then this guy walks up when we were talkin about how nice it was gets in and does a fricken brake stand next to my car getting all the smoke in my car then says lets see your pos ford do that.
then this guy in a 94 corvette trys to race me all my way home and follows me for like 30 mins, and i dont race on the street, i just got my license and all the cops know me and my car, they follow me everywhere, this a$$ gets out of his car in my driveway and says "what, to scared to race agenst a real car?" they both live somewhat around me. and i have seen both of them numerous times and its getting old, the 70 corvette has a 350 stroked out to a 383, and the 94 has an lt1 from what i've hear around town. I'm to the point were im gonna say screw it and race them, i admire their cars and they do $hit like that? my car is basically stock, i have flowmasters, cai and 3.08s. and withen a couple days im going to do a complete tune up. how would i do agenst them? I'm guessing i deffinetly wont win agenst the 70 vette but what about the lt1?
Old 12-24-2007, 04:27 AM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: stuck up chevy people

you wont be able to take the lt1 either.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:41 AM
whitelightning5.0
I ♥ Acer

the stuck up chevy people,are going to hand you your *** on a silver platter.

i wouldnt go as far as talking smack about chevy people,you have to broaden the horizen and include all brands.

ive had ford people talk **** to me,mostly 03-04 cobra boys.{while in my mustang}

saturday my father and i were sitting at a light{first time my dad had ever been in my fox} and a lambo gallardo pulled up next to me on I394 at the stoplight,we exchanged a few words,my dad asked how much his car cost{he was polite} and the guy said 280 grand or something like that,and he took off like an *******...at the next light{1/4 mile down} he rolled the window down again,and asked me if ive ever been beaten by a 300k dollar car before,i just said...nah...you ever been beaten by a 10k dollar car before? he said there wasnt a chance in hell,i toyed with his stupid *** for 3 miles before he finally gave up. my dad was speechless,it was quite a funny situation.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:47 AM
pk222
3rd Gear Member

ok, thanks for letting me know soon enough so i didnt go do something stupid. what would i have to do to my car to be able to run with them? and serously i dont hate any type of car, its no car racism war or anything like that just had a bad day with people in chevys. lol saw the guy in the 70 vette later that day in my friends lifted skottsdale truck and came about half a foot from the back of him, i reached my head out the window and said thanks for the smoke earlier how you like the 38s commin up on you? he sped out and thought fro some reason we were gonna chase him lol
Old 12-24-2007, 04:49 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

power adder or cubes are the only ways
Old 12-24-2007, 04:56 AM
pk222
3rd Gear Member

347 stroker kit? what im plannin on doing money permitting is a 347 eagle stroker kit with a summit block and gt40 or if i can save up the money some trickflow heads. get 2.5 in exhaust with dual chamber flowmasters and some bbk headers then get some 3.73 gears.
just wondering i saw the 347 kits from scat and their a couple hundred less, has anyone heard anything or ran this set up?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:01 AM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

dont put gt40 on anything other than a 302, remember what jasperstang says 302 parts make 302 power
Old 12-24-2007, 05:02 AM
whitelightning5.0
I ♥ Acer

why on earth would you drop the cash for the summit block whih is nothing more then a regular ole production 302,that still needs final machining.

just find a decent core somewhere,stuff the internals in it,get some decent heads,cam and have at it.

the lt1 vette,is what id worry about the most,from my experience most of the stock "muscle cars" from back in the day,albeit badass,were pretty slow,by todays standards.

100 or a 150 shot should make easy work of the lt1 vette.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:08 AM
pk222
3rd Gear Member

lol already got the 150 shot but dont wanna run it in my car, and i didnt know about the summit block, were can i find a core?
Old 12-24-2007, 05:24 AM
whitelightning5.0
I ♥ Acer

if you have nitrous...wont wont you use it? that makes no sense to me at all.

get a core from a wrecking yard or on ebay.

Quick Reply: stuck up chevy people