5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

PROJECT FACE LIFT (BEWARE 56K)***FINISHED!!!***

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:49 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: PROJECT FACE LIFT (BEWARE 56K)

One last thing that I really need some opinions on, so please help me decide.

I am wondering if I should put the same black stripe on my hood...

Another question, my side body moldings, I am going to keep them black for sure, but should I have them painted gloss black or go with the satin black that they are originally??

Help me decide please!!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:51 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

one or the other, dont do both
Old 05-11-2008, 05:52 PM
floodzilla
3rd Gear Member

I really like the look of the stripe. you should paint that satin black as well as the molding. that would look sick!!
Old 05-11-2008, 06:08 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: primetime5.0

Well, the molding are going to be blackso no stripe? Or do you mean gloss black stripe=gloss moldings?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:11 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: floodzilla

I really like the look of the stripe. you should paint that satin black as well as the molding. that would look sick!!
I thought the satin stripe, but I really would like it to be under the layer of clear(making it gloss)without a line where we had to tape it off for the mat clear.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

Lookin good man! Looks like its comming along nicely. The paint should lay nice and smooth, im looking forward to seeing the color on it , i also like how you didn't paint the all of the engine bay. Gives the color to come into its own .....

Ihave been working on my car as well, still have a bit to do but hopping to have it on the road by saturday. As far as the redying mine im not going with the black im doing a darker grey with black headliner and black carpet it going to be 2 tone to break up the colors a lil bit . What type of dye are you using?
Old 05-11-2008, 06:19 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Skyler5.0

Lookin good man! Looks like its comming along nicely. The paint should lay nice and smooth, im looking forward to seeing the color on it , i also like how you didn't paint the all of the engine bay. Gives the color to come into its own .....

Ihave been working on my car as well, still have a bit to do but hopping to have it on the road by Saturday. As far as the redying mine im not going with the black im doing a darker grey with black headliner and black carpet it going to be 2 tone to break up the colors a lil bit . What type of dye are you using?
Thanks

As far as they dye, last time I used the duplicolor vinyl dye and it worked good, but it was a little shiny. I think I am going to use Krylon plastic paint in a satin finish, I heard it works good....but I am not sure yet.

Good luck with your car. This summer I think I may take a cruise down to your area for Woodward...make a weekend out of it, we will have to meet up.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:20 PM
Skyler5.0
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: primetime5.0

Agreed!I think doing the stripe in a satin or clear would look good. But with that color, doing the molding would be a bit much! On the other hand, doing the moldings and leaving the hood, i think would give the impression that something is missing,
Old 05-11-2008, 06:25 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

For my year car, the moldings only came in black. I think it would look funny if it didn't have the strip since I am so used to it, but I am worried it would look funny with it, or it may be too much

This is what it looked like before the stripe....looks better with it IMO when it was blue....
Old 05-11-2008, 06:26 PM
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

sorry what I said was vauge, either do the hood and paint the moldings to match the car or do the moldings and leave the hood

Quick Reply: PROJECT FACE LIFT (BEWARE 56K)***FINISHED!!!***