5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

91' gt new motor/tranny/wire hiding projectALRIGHT SHES ALIVE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 04:18 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

Default 91' gt new motor/tranny/wire hiding projectALRIGHT SHES ALIVE!!!!

alright so i want to let everyone see my work as everyone is doing the same thing to winter time=resto/new motor/tranny so here are some pics of the process from a 170xxx mile greasy/sludgy motor and tranny/engine bay not any more hopefully through the week ill get all the motor stuff,brackets,pulleys,and little stuff cleaned up/painted. and ups has been busy to my house lately.my hirev springs should be here thursday then heads to machine shop to changer abd set height then put the motor together next week and hopefully by the end of the month.it will live again. enjoy pics jason

how it started
in process of ripping out the 17xxxx mile stocker

sorry pics are big learning how to do this shes out and the fun begins hiding wires i hid all that i could without major tearing apart im leaving the solenoid and coil there and battery but all wires to them are in the inners

and after a whole day and a half hiding removing all egr crap sanding,cleanig,primering,sanding, it now is painted black as i am repainting my car black in the spring

more

and a pic or two of the new heart i know its green something different all my other ford motors i did were blue .

more to come i hope to have the motor mostly together by the weekend and my tranny back from a buddy who is a tranny guy rebuilding the t-5 with a rebuild kit and carbon fiber blockers,steel retainer and if im lucky ill be ready to drop in by the end of next weekend
Old 01-06-2008, 04:58 PM
5.0stanger
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 91' gt new motor/tranny/wire hiding project

Looks good so far, good work
Old 01-06-2008, 05:06 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

yeh man looks nice ,i am waiting to get all the stuff to rebuild mine then i am gonna do the engine bay . keep it up man
Old 01-06-2008, 05:18 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

yeah its all fun and games right i said i was just gonna paint the bay not hide wires,tear inners out,and all that good stuff.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

I just did mine this past summer
Old 01-06-2008, 05:20 PM
ALMOST STOCK
4th Gear Member

Looking good!!!
Old 01-06-2008, 09:44 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

yeah it was a little bit of work to get the connectors and everything through the holes and around the struts but it is done now. cant wait i have been stock piling parts for a year now all the work and fun it will be worth it. im hoping for around 380-400 flywheel hp. and after the motor i have a whole rear setup to install
Old 01-06-2008, 09:54 PM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

wow looks really good man, nice job, keep it up
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

thanks guys it feels good to actually gettin this stuff done like i said i have been collecting parts under the bed for a year

hopefully motor tranny in and runnin by the end of the month and then within time after that i have some suspension work to do add
Old 01-08-2008, 11:44 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

yeah ups will be busy again this week just ordered a ****load of stuff again from summit,prothane tranny mounts, misc arp bolts , march alt,bracket,ford racing t-5 rebuild kit,2 new o2 sensors,heater hoses,rad. hoses, and then a couple things from a couple guys on the corral a hardly used msd dizzy 145 shipped,new prof. prod 70mm tb 159 shipped, taurus elec. fan 60 shipped msd coil 42 shipped,new trickflow stage 2 shipped

yeah spent like 1200 bucks last nite haha[8D]

a friend of my friend still works at a ford dealer and hes the tarnny guy he redoing my t5 for 150 bucks.

so hopefully my cam and hi rev springs will be here so i can put the heart together this weekend..........later

Quick Reply: 91' gt new motor/tranny/wire hiding projectALRIGHT SHES ALIVE!!!!