5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Girlfriends/Wives and 5.0s

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Default RE: Girlfriends/Wives and 5.0s

Yea, for some of ya I would kick the girl to the curb is she was bad mouthin my stang like some of them. lol There are more women in the world than our stangs so which one will be easier to replace.
My wife hates it when I am out in the garage all the time working on my 83 and b*tches that I put alot of money into it and not into her 98 v6 lol. But hey we are still paying hers off so thats my excuse for that and all she wants is her body kit mainly but then she goes and chooses the ugly *** spider kits and sh*t. I just give her reasons of why we can't get them right nowshes slowly commin around. Hell I thought about selling mine at one point to buy my brothers and she was more upset about it than I was. But like lxman1 said the car has been around longer so it stays. Once I get the car done she will love it though.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:31 AM
xxxmustangtxhc
2nd Gear Member

yea my girl friend complains about my car and the money i spend but she is not anymore cus her car is next. changing her car from carb to efi, beefing the motor a bit and swaping out her headlights and tail lights to a 90s fox so i dont get the complaining anymore!!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:45 AM
telsonman
3rd Gear Member

My wife bitches about me spending money on mods. She says that I don't need them, but she thinks I should spend that money on her. F that. However she admitted to liking to drive it because its loud and fast. Although she bitches that its too loud when I'm driving. They are hypocritical
Old 01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

My girlfriend likes my 5.0, she drives it sometimes but says she liked My 2001 GT better,that makes me mad a little. I know she probally thinks I spend to much time and money on it, but is really cool and doens't say anything about it. I tell you one thing, i would not deal w ANY chick who talked **** on my 5.0 or tried to harm it in any way.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Albizo66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bighungrymatt

my gf is likes my car. she has been around when I worked on it, every now and then she complains that I spend too much time working on it... but thats how girls are
pretty much the same here..."what are you doing, wanna hang out?" "oh, sorry babe, i'm worknig on my car.." "again?! come on mike.....can i come watch?"

haha thats basically what happens...she LOVES LOVES driving through town in it, especially if i downshift and jsut go rumbling through..she loves everyone looking at her/us

i'm not sure who is more excited about me getting SLP this spring, her or me hahaha

i guess im diff than most of you, she loves my car. i let her drive it once (in a parking lot, teaching her stick for the first time on a king cobra clutch with 3.73s[8D]) and now all she wants to do is drive it
Old 01-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Stella94GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: robs87fox

My wife hates my 5.0 with a passion. She thinks because it's old its garbage. She hates it when i move her car out of the garage to put mine in there to keep dry.

we got into an arguement one time and she knew how much the car ment to me so she threw a broom at it(no damage) I then broke the broom over my knee and with the evilist voice said" don't you ever touch my car like that again"

I've even been offered club members garages to hide it.
thats how business gets done
Old 01-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scooterstang

my girlfriend as well hates the 5.0. She says its dirty, ugly, and slow. Of course she gets mad when i put money into it or work on it when i could be with her.

But then again she constatly asks to drive it plus she has so far bought me my cold air intake, autometer guages, racing seats, and my ring and pinion. I guess she can't hate it that bad right?

She still says its ugly and needs paint. So now that im going to paint it white she decides she doesn't like white and wants it black. the price difference was a pretty good chunk of money and she even offered to pay the difference. But for some reason i just couldn't let her do that... all in all, even though she hates it, i love the way she does it
Sounds like she's already paid for half of it. I guess she can decide on the color, right?

Sorry man, I had to....
Old 01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
aode08
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 95vertGTS

Does your girlfriend or wife get jealous of you and the 5.0? Does she show any interest in it or any particular care for it?

My girlfriend doesn't ever complain about me working on it rather than spending time with her, but she hasn't ever said anything that even makes me think she likes the car. Any of y'alls significant others like that? The only time she has showed liking for the car is when I let her ride in it when I drag raced, she said it was 'hot' when we launched.
My girl did similiar things, I removed her and the passenger seat to reduce weight.

Treat your woman with respect, but make sure they are respecting you and your car.

Some neat things I thought of.

1.Let her help me wash it,

2.drive it around the block and

3. see how many women stare it down, to let her know whats happening.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Bad Magik

Not all girls are like that!! I am the one in my relationship that has the 5.0!!!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:29 AM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

your a girl bad magik?!!??!

Quick Reply: Girlfriends/Wives and 5.0s