5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Girlfriends/Wives and 5.0s

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:04 PM
95vertGTS
2nd Gear Member

Default Girlfriends/Wives and 5.0s

Does your girlfriend or wife get jealous of you and the 5.0? Does she show any interest in it or any particular care for it?

My girlfriend doesn't ever complain about me working on it rather than spending time with her, but she hasn't ever said anything that even makes me think she likes the car. Any of y'alls significant others like that? The only time she has showed liking for the car is when I let her ride in it when I drag raced, she said it was 'hot' when we launched. Other than that she only says something when she sees a vette, never the 5.0.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:08 PM
red95gtconvert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Girlfriends/Wives and 5.0s

My wife like cruising in the car and only complains once in a while about the massive amounts of money being spent on upgrades

Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Stimmel

My gf never complains because she drives this

Sorry for the dirty pic its winter time
Old 01-08-2008, 11:21 PM
five0fm
3rd Gear Member

ex g/f was pissed/jelous cuz i spent more time on the car then with her, didnt mind if i raced as long as she was in the car, which i hated but unfortunately no intrest in it

but the (hopefully) new g/f is learning to drivea 5.0 with 350 ponies to the wheels. and its alllllllll hers. only 12k miles on it too.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Stella94GT
3rd Gear Member

my gf hates that car, she says thats all i think about which is probably true lol i cant even talk about it around her or it starts sh*t, she likes how it looks but is deffinitaly jelouse of it.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:28 AM
robs87fox
2nd Gear Member

My wife hates my 5.0 with a passion. She thinks because it's old its garbage. She hates it when i move her car out of the garage to put mine in there to keep dry.

we got into an arguement one time and she knew how much the car ment to me so she threw a broom at it(no damage) I then broke the broom over my knee and with the evilist voice said" don't you ever touch my car like that again"

I've even been offered club members garages to hide it.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

my girlfriend as well hates the 5.0. She says its dirty, ugly, and slow. Of course she gets mad when i put money into it or work on it when i could be with her.

But then again she constatly asks to drive it plus she has so far bought me my cold air intake, autometer guages, racing seats, and my ring and pinion. I guess she can't hate it that bad right?

She still says its ugly and needs paint. So now that im going to paint it white she decides she doesn't like white and wants it black. the price difference was a pretty good chunk of money and she even offered to pay the difference. But for some reason i just couldn't let her do that... all in all, even though she hates it, i love the way she does it
Old 01-09-2008, 01:14 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

my gf is likes my car. she has been around when I worked on it, every now and then she complains that I spend too much time working on it... but thats how girls are
Old 01-09-2008, 01:17 AM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

The wife would be happy if I got rid of mine. It looks good still, but I would like to "freshen up" the engine. Up to about 347ci
She says, I should sell it, I hardly ever drive it anyway (almost 1K miles last year). I told her no, I bought this car new in 88 and it has never let me down, and besides that, it's been around longer than you have so it stays!!
My ex girlfriend had a nice Black T-Top 85 GT. That was cool, but things didn't work out[&o]
Old 01-09-2008, 01:21 AM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

my ex didnt mind the 5.0 and bought some things for it in the past.

Women are like 5.0 mustangs. They look amazing when there wet, they sound good when there purring like a kitten, they look good naked, they are both fast, they both should NOT have bra's on, and last but not least they both can get you laid =P.

haha what other things can women and the stangs be compared with.

Quick Reply: Girlfriends/Wives and 5.0s