5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Iraq weather report

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
dilysio8

Default RE: Iraq weather report

yeah peole in the states do not relize that it does get cold in iraq they think its hot and sunny all the time stupid me packed all my cold weather gear in our conex thinking it wouldnt be needed im going to a desert was my reason for thart sure was wrong never been so cold was really happy when the conex finally showed up just in time for the ungoddly heat to start up do not miss that at all
Old 01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
06supercharged
1st Gear Member

Yea i didnt know it got real cold over there Thanks for doing what you do and safe trip home pictures were cool i bet it be nice to have a 250cr to cut up that sand
Old 01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
DrmZero
2nd Gear Member

i was in Rawah, iraq durring this time last year and it snowed a little bit.... no one thinks it does but that desert get F'in cold!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Yea I didn't realize there were as many of you guys over here in the sand box. Yea it can get cold as **** over here. You guys have fun with whatever time you have left. I am now in Kuwait and will be home in a few days! That snow sucked because it brought all the mud and **** I was trying to avoid this winter. Last winter was really bad over here. The summer really wasn't that bad either but I am not a grunt so I didn't have to go out on patrols or do all kinds of gaurd duty. I had to pull gaurd down south that first winter and spring but when we gave that strong point to 3rd ID and went to Liberty. After us mechanics got out of gaurd duty when we went back out to another strong point cause there were not as many of us there. But everyone that is still over here take it easy and don't do anything stupid.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:14 PM
BlackFox
1st Gear Member

<-- 3rd ID

Yeah im a 11c man so im constantly doing the dismounted patrols. Only missions i do as an actual 11c is a few loom rounds every once in a blue moon. Glad you get to go home to your family and friends bro. Ill be there in about 12 months.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:39 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

thats crazy it snowed over there...
Old 01-12-2008, 12:02 AM
dilysio8

we should settle this war with a snowball fight winner takes all i could see those crazy a$$es putting on a suicide snowball vest on or maybe improvised snowball devices wtf!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:13 AM
DrmZero
2nd Gear Member

i get to be in afganistan next winter... yay
Old 01-12-2008, 10:30 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Yea a snowball fight would be a little more fun lol. So I take it you're with 3rd ID Blackfox? I don't remembe what 11C is but it sounds like Mortars. We had them being shot out all the time at the Water Treatment Facility down south by Yusahfia. Thats the place that 3rd ID unit took over from us. I would be in the 113 on front gate gaurd and watch them shoot up loom rounds and light up the shy all times of the night. Its really kick *** to watch the rounds go rocketing out of the tubes and your watching it go up so fast and its gone and thenyour like some sand monkeyis about to die lol. You guys take it easy.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:46 AM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

I just want to say thank you to everyone and everything you guys do for our country. I really appreciate it. I myself was going to go into the millitary before my car accident, however now I doubt they will ever accept me. Thanks for everything guys. Please be safe, and come home safe. God bless.

Quick Reply: Iraq weather report