5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:01 AM
P.S.I.cho
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Numbers

id be looking for numbers closer to mine if i had a 347, im with green, you need more air, up the timing, and why is your FP at 55 psi, ford injectors are made to run at a delta pressure of 39.18 to be efficient or you can up to 43.5, there not made for 55 psi.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:00 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moocow_v

id be looking for numbers closer to mine if i had a 347, im with green, you need more air, up the timing, and why is your FP at 55 psi, ford injectors are made to run at a delta pressure of 39.18 to be efficient or you can up to 43.5, there not made for 55 psi.
i also wondered the same thing, with any kind of injector that thing has to running pig rich
Old 01-12-2008, 07:31 AM
greenstreak9205
4th Gear Member

well he did say that they tuned it on the safe side. its possible that just the injector @40 was enough but they bumped the psi to be on the safe side
Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Good numbers
Old 01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
only90s
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bouchermb

I was happy with it and I don't think most people realize what it takes to put out these type of numbers. I was at 270 RWHP after the supercharger and it took me heads, a stroker kit, custom cam, 42 lb. inj., 90 MM MAF, 255 lph FP and T-rex ext FP, among other things to get here.
Amen to that brother....most people do not...

What kind of dyno was it? Can you post the sheet?

There ismore in that set up if you want it....

You can add Meth Injection and up that timing to 27-30 total and pick up another 40-60 horse or so...

also go back on the dyno once themotor is broken in after about 1500 miles and there is probably another 25 horse right there....I initially layed down 416 at about 500 miles...motor was tight etc...after 1500 miles and a cooler day I layed down 454 SAE corrected on a dynojet(470 uncorrected)...some of that was the cold weather, but some of it was the motor was broken in...it revved up quicker etc...

Good luck...feel free to PM me with any specific questions
Old 01-12-2008, 05:55 PM
bouchermb
4th Gear Member

I respect everyone's opionion on here, but how many of you can post of dyno sheet showing over 392 RWHP? I'm not trying to start an e-mail riot here, but I wouldn't think many of you could. I was expecting north of 400 RWHP and when we timed the car to 20 degrees, it was dead on. I want this engine to last, so aired on the side of caution with the tune. Remember, I only got a 5 psi blower, which read 10 lbs of boost during the last pull, so I'm not running crazy boost, even though I'm told the engine could handle 15 easily.

I'll post the sheet shortly and my motor literally has less than 100 miles on it, so these nunmbers should increase quite a bit. I could run race gas and bump the timing, and on one pull we did advance the timing and were just over 400 RWHP, but again, I want the engine to last, so we scaled it back a bit.

Keep in mind, we tuned this with an FMU, BTM timing master and we did tons of pulls and the guy who did my engine swap and did my tune, has a 540 RWHP 93 coupe, and he knows Mustangs better than anyone I ever met. He's actuallygoing to be on Pinks and did every bit of woprk to his car on his own. I can tell you one thing for sure, it's not running pig rich, the fuel pressure is optimal for what I was looking for and all of you people that don't have a 347 or a car that puts out this type of horsepower, is in for a big disppointment if you think you can put heads, cam, intake on and be over 400 RWHP.

I know I could get more about of my combo with smaller blower pulleys and different upper intake, boost the timing, etc., but I'm here to tell you, the car pulls hard.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:14 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Please explain how you're getting 10#'s of boost w/ only a 5# pulley. That makes no sense.

I'll be happy to post my dyno sheet if you'd like. I'm not trying to start anything, my point was mearly you should be running way more hp than you are for what you have.

I have a stock. tired motor. You have a new built motor. I have a conservative tune, you have a conservative tune. You're only putting out 25 more hp, sorry but if I were you I'd be pissed. Something just doesn't sound right.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

If you were wanting to stay under 400whp, why go so overkill on all your parts? I mean, you have a 347 stroker with some bad *** heads. That alone should get you close to 400whp and you have a blower on top of that! People have made well over 400whp with a s-trim on a plan old 302 with GT40 Irons. Not knocking your setup, it is a awesome combo and I admire your parts, but if you sunk so much cash into all the sweet options, why not see their full potential?
Old 01-12-2008, 06:50 PM
r.barn
6th Gear Member

Hate to be a nay sayer too, but something is off..........

347 with Canfield 195's + 10psi should = 500+rwhp at least.

I'm making 345rwhp on 357ci with similar sized heads and thats NO boost and 9.5 compression
with 10-12psi I'm expecting 575-625+rwhp with 200cc RHS heads.

I also have a 347 stroker sitting in garage with Canfields and custom cam
that we think should make 375-400rwhp N/A .... again no boost.

What s/c are you running? Compression ratio ? Cam ?
Have you done a leak down and compression test to confirm everything is sealing good?
Old 01-12-2008, 07:17 PM
bouchermb
4th Gear Member

Listen guys. This is totally conservative for the street. We could easily tune another 100 hp out of it. You know I'd like to let the motor live for a while on the street. It's not a full blown race car. The rings aren't even seated in either, which should be another 10 HP. All I can tell you about my boost and I watched the gauge is that at WOT it read 10 lbs. at peak rpm. I bought the base model Vortech SC and may be my gauge is off. I wasn't wanting to stay under 400 HP, but in the same breath I don't want to blow it up.

I'm not challenging anybody here to post sheets and with race gas being $9 a gallon, I think I'll stick with the pump for now.

Quick Reply: Dyno Numbers