5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Just got H-pipe today, I am pissed off!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 02:38 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

Default Just got H-pipe today, I am pissed off!

Just picked my car up from getting a Custom H pipe with High flow cats. When I talked to the last week,he said I would get 2.5" piping in the H-pipe, I remember because at first he was like you "Can't put 2.5" w the 2 1/4" Stock exhaust pipes"..so I said I had just got Magnaflow catback w/ 2.5..he said perfect. So, I pick it up and this is what I got,NEW 2 1/4" piping except they used some of my OLD piping in 2 spots. First spot is where the pipes come out of the cats towards the engine and then it connects to new piping where it goes to headers. 2nd, they used the old "H" peice of my stock pipe. I called the guy and asked if I got 2.5 and he was like "No, we just usedpeices of theOLD pipe and put new pipe where the old pair of cats were. I am ****en really pissed, when I spoke to the guy he seemed that he completely understood I wanted that Stock H outa there and gone and replaced with "2.5. I just spent 400 on this (s)hit. Should of went to the guy who did anawesome job on the exhaust.

Any input would really be appreciated guys, Thanks
Old 01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got H-pipe today, I am pissed off!

go back and tell him to give you want you want! your not going to let him rip you off are you!?
Old 01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
gearbanger
4th Gear Member

and 400 just to do that **** is alot of money
Old 01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Pony 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Damn!!! Sorry about your problem. I would get an aftermarket H pipe for the money you paid. Show him a Jeg's or a Summit Mustang page with the exhausts and read the description really slow to him and see if he can do good for you. I know it's a pisser but there are a lot of ignorant people out there who will say anything to get your money.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:50 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

Yea, and when I spoke to the guy he said they DONT mandrel bend the stuff, they do that stretching method that sucks. So, even if he says he can redo it, i would not even want him too..I did not talk alot of **** earlier to him cause I want to get some feed back from you guys....also I sounds no different
Old 01-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Pony 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like a low budget shop charging top dollar. I wouldn't take my car back to him if he doesn't have a mandrel bender. Report him toyour local better business and warn people about his BS. Word of mouth is a pretty strong tool.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 PM
BlackFox
1st Gear Member

I would take the car back and tell him to redo the whole thing with all new piping man. Thats just silly. And if not then do what Pony 5.0 said and report him to the BBB. Shops around my town only charge $100-$200 max to put that kinda stuff on. That just sounds like he thought you must of been some idiot. I would take that personal if it was me...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

Just wondering If it would be better to go there or just call there...I want to now!...I can't believe this (s)hit!!!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

i would go bacj there in person and deal with the schmuck he must not know his job to well to try and move stuff like that ,he probly figured you wouldn't look under the carat their work . far as have him redo it i would not cause once it is in that shop vengence can come into play ,and the way it sounds they might not be beneath doing something like that .
Old 01-24-2008, 03:44 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

man that sucks, seems steep and he didnt even do what you wanted... sorry to hear

Quick Reply: Just got H-pipe today, I am pissed off!