5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

**just picked this up today** (update page 2)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:43 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

Default **just picked this up today** (update page 2)

im goin to go check this out today and prob buy it. im gonna be splitting it w/ my buddy who has a 89 lx conv. that is converting to gt style. but anyways. its an 88 gt hatch the motor is partially taken apart but i dont care thats not why im buyin the thing. it has some performance parts already partially installed. like the rear suspension is installed but not the front (still stock) Installed are Autometer water temp. and oil press. gauges, Pypes X-pipe and cat-back exhaust and Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter. Strange 10-way adjustable shocks, Eibach pro-kit springs and Granatelli rear lower control arms are installed in the rear. he has the front suspension aswell just not installed. also comes with an extra hood, front bumper cover, driver front fender, door handles and the rear driver taillight. Also included with the sale but not installed are front Eibach springs, Strange 10-way adjustable front struts, Granatelli rear upper control arms, 3 row aluminum radiator with a Taurus electric fan already attached to it, 3G alternator and 91+ Ford smaller high torque starter. and it has 17" OZ Racing rims. hes is asking a really cheap price too. i plan on takin the good parts off and replacing them w/ our stock parts and then selling it for prob more than he is asking.. lol

i kno what he is asking but just for fun what would you guys pay for something like this?

Old 01-31-2008, 03:01 PM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

Default RE: goin to check this out..

Old 01-31-2008, 03:05 PM
ryan_89_mustang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92cobra

You're cracked its worth way more then that when you look at the parts. The rad and suspension are worth over 5 on there own. Also if its rust free thats a bonus. I say 1500

Put the stock parts on get er running, buy a couple cans of carpet cleaner and go nuts on the seats and carpet, Sell for 3k
Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 PM
kweb288
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ryan_89_mustang

ORIGINAL: 92cobra

You're cracked its worth way more then that when you look at the parts. The rad and suspension are worth over 5 on there own. Also if its rust free thats a bonus. I say 1500

Put the stock parts on get er running, buy a couple cans of carpet cleaner and go nuts on the seats and carpet, Sell for 3k
ya i would say that is a good ball park range to try... If the guy doesnt know to much about the mustang market and all that then yes you could possibly get it for 300 (tell him it doesnt run so its not worth jack) but then again if it is rust free, and damage free and the guy knows that is what everyone wants, WELL then you will definatly be paying more
Old 01-31-2008, 03:18 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

its has a few minor rust spots but nothing major from what i can tell from the other pics he sent me. it was just a pain loading all the pics on my comp. slight rust on the hatch in the usual spots but nothin terrible
Old 01-31-2008, 03:22 PM
ryan_89_mustang
4th Gear Member

One thing you should watch is the cowl id take a good look because the carpet looks rust stained on the drivers side and wet. And also because the car is sitting under leafy trees.

And, any chance you could post the other pics so we can get a better idea.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:48 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

no more than a 1000 for a non running car of that age missing accessories and those performance parts to you may be worth more than what I'd value them at..but it's your money
Old 02-01-2008, 12:02 AM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

ok guys im picking it up sat morning. and btw all of the parts are brand new. the strange 10ways were just installed in the rear and the fronts havent even seen a car and are still new. the springs look brand new and he still had the boxes for all of them in good condition. also the upper/lower control arm are brand new aswell. and the 3core aluminum radiator w/ fan is a year old but is still new cuz he had it in the car for like a month b 4 he decided to tear the motor down. the interior basically just needs a cleaning and looks great besides that. the rims are in pretty good condition but the tires are a little worn and he only has one center cap. i looked under it and it didnt seem to have any real signs of rot. some slight surface rust here and there but nothing major what so ever. the worse rust is on the d/s fender but he is giving me a good one w/ it. and hew has most of the stuff to make it run again ie (intake and accessories) the hatch has 2 small rust spots but are not bad at all. and the cowl looked fine to me. and all the pannels seemed to line up pretty well. the front bumper cover is pretty raped (the lower d/s is like ripped off) but he is giving me annother one aswell. plus i already have an explorer motor in my garage that im going to build and throw in my car so ill just throw my old motor in this and get a macco paint job and sell it. i am very happy w/ the price because i got it for exactly what i went there to pay. i low balled him of course and we worked it out to what i really wanted to pay anyways. ill get more pics up when i bring it home sat.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 AM
robs87fox
2nd Gear Member

so how much
Old 02-01-2008, 12:25 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

Yeah... What was the final number?

Quick Reply: **just picked this up today** (update page 2)