5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

LS2 into a FoxBody

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 01:57 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

Default RE: LS2 into a FoxBody

ORIGINAL: Maxwelhse

ORIGINAL: nmerrill

Yeah everyone knows those lsx motors are crap.... just look at those $hitty z06's running 10's stock.
Put one on the road for 100k and watch it fall apart like every GM...
My brother drives a 95 trans am, not an ls, but has never had a single problem. 125k, only changed the oil and tires. I just dont understand the reasoning. but to each his own, we could sit here and argue till teh sun comes up, but arguing on the internet is like pissing in the wind.

And JT, yea, I had the cam retarted too much, exhaust valves hit on all 8. I checked on teh cam and sure enough, plain as day, it was off. There is a 600$ mistake....
Old 02-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

My brother drives a 95 trans am, not an ls, but has never had a single problem. 125k, only changed the oil and tires. I just dont understand the reasoning. but to each his own, we could sit here and argue till teh sun comes up, but arguing on the internet is like pissing in the wind.
Oddly enough... I consider '95 to be the last year that GM built anything quality at all. Last year before widespread vortec and dexcool.

I'm not trying to pee in your cherios man... I've owned plenty of GMs, I've worked for GM at the new model level (on 2007 Z06 as a matter of fact), and my opinions reflect my experiences, as I'm sure yours do as well.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:26 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

I can agree that vortec=crap. I have had my fair share of sparkplug nightmares with those heads.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:52 AM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maxwelhse

Yeah everyone knows those lsx motors are crap.... just look at those $hitty z06's running 10's stock.
Put one on the road for 100k and watch it fall apart like every GM...

And JT, yea, I had the cam retarted too much, exhaust valves hit on all 8. I checked on teh cam and sure enough, plain as day, it was off. There is a 600$ mistake....

ouch that sucks a little it all good what did u have it retarded 4 with what cam and heads trickflow stuff?
Old 02-09-2008, 05:50 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

you should have put that thing in a Nissan Z car
Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
cholericfc
3rd Gear Member

older one with ttops
Old 02-09-2008, 06:05 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

When I worked at GM, the most common issues were

1.crappy electrical systems, using vey thin wires and crappy connectors.

2. bolts snap off all over. , crankshaft sensor breaking off in block getting stuck.

3. very poor ignition system, and very poor security systems.

4. whoever invented that GEL to replace a real gasket was dumb as hell too. Everywhere it is, leaks occur, in short fashin.

5.no room to get to anything, and threads coming out with the bolts your removing.

6.cheap interior pieces that break easiliy, no warranty coverage, no specific parts available, but a group of them.

I advised anyone I know and all Members on this Forum, stay away from GM's, unless you have that kinda money.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:10 PM
SStompU
1st Gear Member

Its nice to have that blind "brand loyalty". Yea...stay away from GM...Especially those crap LS1s....much better to buy every bolt on in the catalog and barely edge out a stock one. Ford interiors are way nice...I love the way you sit up high like you are in adumptruck in mustangs. And to Mr. "I've worked on 2007 ZO6s"...Yeeeeaa....Im sure you have done extensive work to those. I come on this site just for the humor of watching youguys rationalizeyour supercharger, or 150 shot of spray vs an all MOTOR LS1, and act like they are doing something.....Oh wait....I forgot. Its all more impressive since you did it with a 4.6.....If you think like that, go buy a Honda. You guys kill me. How about you all bash me back and tell me how much RWHP you are making ON MOTOR! Lets hear it! [sm=icon_rofl.gif] Oh, and in case you are wondering, I have owned plenty of both...so its not one sided for me.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 AM
nmerrill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SStompU

Its nice to have that blind "brand loyalty". Yea...stay away from GM...Especially those crap LS1s....much better to buy every bolt on in the catalog and barely edge out a stock one. Ford interiors are way nice...I love the way you sit up high like you are in adumptruck in mustangs. And to Mr. "I've worked on 2007 ZO6s"...Yeeeeaa....Im sure you have done extensive work to those. I come on this site just for the humor of watching youguys rationalizeyour supercharger, or 150 shot of spray vs an all MOTOR LS1, and act like they are doing something.....Oh wait....I forgot. Its all more impressive since you did it with a 4.6.....If you think like that, go buy a Honda. You guys kill me. How about you all bash me back and tell me how much RWHP you are making ON MOTOR! Lets hear it! [sm=icon_rofl.gif] Oh, and in case you are wondering, I have owned plenty of both...so its not one sided for me.
Who are you reffering to? And we all know that only REAL cars are all motor.... what a joke. I guess top fuel dragsters are weak because they have to rely on boost to get it done, and all the LS guys who are now turning to boost are jokes *** well. Give me a break. Bring your ALL MOTOR SS down here and ill show you what a puny 17 year old 302 can do
Old 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

Stop your bitch fighting, like holy ****.

Who the hell cares what it is? its a V8 and it goes fast[8D] problem solved

Quick Reply: LS2 into a FoxBody