5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

The mustang is no more.. *PICS ADDED*

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 12:38 PM
88red5.0

Default RE: The mustang is no more..

it suks wen a man loses his sadle
Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

yes it does sorry man your stang had a good stance to it so any pics how fed up is it?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:41 PM
fordguy17
4th Gear Member

Thanks again everyone.

The rod lites are 4 lug. Two are damaged. I have one front and one rear (5.5x15 and 8.0x15).

Exhaust will probably be for sale. Hooker ceramic coated shorties, pypes o/r x-pipe, and dynomax mufflers with turndowns.

The car is actually sitting in my yard. If you remember from my original post, it was hit as I was turning into my neighborhood, so it was towed straight to my yard.

So yes, I have seen the damage. I need to see if I can't borrow a camera and get some pics on here. The passenger side is untouched expect the front rim is messed up, when the tire came off the rim and skid across the gound. The drivers side is screwed from the very back (starting at taillight) all the way up to the front of the door (stopping at the knocked offside mirror.

Mechanically, it should be okay. It started right up after resetting the fuel pump shut off and went into gear just fine.

As I have told the peoplethat have PM'ed me,it will bea few days up to several weeks before I can get around to parting it out. Iam waiting on an adjuster to comeout and take a look, and I need to find a replacement car.

Thanks for everyones interest. My loss is your gain..I will probably just make a new thread in the classifieds when I get around to parting it out.

Oliver

Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 PM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

i would cry if i had a fox as nice as that and got totaled. stupid ppl man. that sux.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

ORIGINAL: blk40th

i would cry if i had a fox as nice as that and got totaled. stupid ppl man. that sux.
im crying inside for him....

it sucks would another sweet pony dies
Old 02-11-2008, 05:35 PM
aode08
5th Gear Member

wow guys hold on here.

Get a lawyer and see THE LAWYER'S Chiropractor ASAP. Im sure you could use an extra $900 + for a pain and suffering offer(3 months max wait), along with your loss payment.

DO NOT SETTLE, have the lawyer do that for you.

Your visits will be 10 minutes 2-3 times a week. Day or night or weekends.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:05 PM
85stang1373
2nd Gear Member

man that sucks so bad!
good luck and glad your ok!
what tails did you have on it?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:01 PM
bbbngowc
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordguy17

Thats right..as offriday afternoon 2/8/08, the mustang in my sig was totalled.

I was coming home from my moms, and turning into my dads neighborhood. I was first in line and about halfway done making a left turn from a stand still when all of the sudden there was a loud crash and then i felt the impact. when everything was said and done with a minivan had rode up the side of my car, its nose shattering and coming through the drivers side window.

Turns out the minivan was moving at about 20mph, waiting for me to turn, when an F-150 nailed the minivan from the rear slamming the van into my car.

Both front tire of the van were off the ground and resting on the side of my door.

Needless to say, I got extremely lucky that I escaped with but a small scratch to my arm from broken glass. No other parties were injured.

it could have been so much worse, but the stang is gone.

I plan on buying it back from the insurance company, (it is currently sitting in my yard) to part it out. There are many good parts left on it, so if you need anything let me know, however it will be a little while before I get around to parting it out.

Anyways, future plans involve another stang, this time something even louder, faster, and more obnoxious. Some things will be transfered over to the new car, so that it may live on in memory.

If you have a stang for sale or no someone who does in the southeast, let me know.

Oliver
So of a bytch! Very sorry to see/hear that. Your Fox was pure eye candy! I don't think you should buy it back from the insurance company tho. Let that one go, get another toy.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:09 PM
fordguy17
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bbbngowc

ORIGINAL: fordguy17

Thats right..as offriday afternoon 2/8/08, the mustang in my sig was totalled.

I was coming home from my moms, and turning into my dads neighborhood. I was first in line and about halfway done making a left turn from a stand still when all of the sudden there was a loud crash and then i felt the impact. when everything was said and done with a minivan had rode up the side of my car, its nose shattering and coming through the drivers side window.

Turns out the minivan was moving at about 20mph, waiting for me to turn, when an F-150 nailed the minivan from the rear slamming the van into my car.

Both front tire of the van were off the ground and resting on the side of my door.

Needless to say, I got extremely lucky that I escaped with but a small scratch to my arm from broken glass. No other parties were injured.

it could have been so much worse, but the stang is gone.

I plan on buying it back from the insurance company, (it is currently sitting in my yard) to part it out. There are many good parts left on it, so if you need anything let me know, however it will be a little while before I get around to parting it out.

Anyways, future plans involve another stang, this time something even louder, faster, and more obnoxious. Some things will be transfered over to the new car, so that it may live on in memory.

If you have a stang for sale or no someone who does in the southeast, let me know.

Oliver
So of a bytch! Very sorry to see/hear that. Your Fox was pure eye candy! I don't think you should buy it back from the insurance company tho. Let that one go, get another toy.

Thanks. Reason for buyback would be to part it out. The entire drivetrain seems to fine. It has so many good parts on it, including brand spanking new racing seats, that cost to the tune of 420+.

I had LX taillights on it, but the drivers side light is busted. Sorry.[:@]

I have wednesday free for the most part, so i will try and get some pics up then.

Thanks again for everyones sympathy. It does help..

Oliver
Old 02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
pimpinstang1
1st Gear Member

how much for the wing on the hatchback?

Quick Reply: The mustang is no more.. *PICS ADDED*