5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

installing a catback DIY

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default installing a catback DIY

how much of a challenge is it to install a catback on a fox in my driveway?
would it be easy to install/ adjust or should I install it and take it to the shop for adjustment or just have the shop do it...

preferrably I would want to do it myself as working on the car is my form of stress relief

I found that CJ pony parts has the SLP Loudmouth catback for 470 bucks (cheaper than what Ive seen in summit, and I live ~2 hours away so I can make a road trip and pick them up).. without dealing with oversize shipping/damage

gonna pick it up around/ shortly after tax return time when I have some money for mods...

the side pipes are gonna be saved for the t-top as the mufflers are in nice shape, so I'll use them for dumps

Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: installing a catback DIY

its not hard at all. I am sure you can knock it out
Old 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

The hardest part will be the removal. Hacksaw or a sawzall would do the trick nicely. The SLP installation is a breeze!!! It's amazing how well that system is built.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:47 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

ya i put a catback on my f150 in my garage..an at somepoint in time ive had every piece off my mustang on jackstands in the garage..so it shouldnt be a problem...dont know how the slp setup is..but gettin my flowmaster tailpipes on wasnt too bad..just had to jack up the car with axle unsupported n a little twisting and turning n got them in no prob...have fun..altho if ur weathers like ours..its like freezing a** cold out lol...
Old 02-14-2008, 12:50 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Yellow50

ya i put a catback on my f150 in my garage..an at somepoint in time ive had every piece off my mustang on jackstands in the garage..so it shouldnt be a problem...dont know how the slp setup is..but gettin my flowmaster tailpipes on wasnt too bad..just had to jack up the car with axle unsupported n a little twisting and turning n got them in no prob...have fun..altho if ur weathers like ours..its like freezing a** cold out lol...

thanks guys.

wont be doing if for a few months or so, gonna pick the system up around refund time, should be getting a decent amount back... as decent as it can be for working part time most of the year when I have classes n stuff... if I had the $470 now, id be out in the snow swapping the pipes out... lol